Refinishing my Custom 24 yet again....

nicolasrivera

Happy new year every one.

There nothing more fun then working on guitars and nothing better then a new overall change for my C24, i jut got bored of the old refinish and now its getting a wide open fadded look similar to that of Al Di Meola PRS, still deciding what the back and sides color is going to be but here is what i got so far, and the matching rings ofcourse. :D

This is a very dificult finish to capture, but so far i cant wait to get it done, i love it.

Before:

And Today:

A true artist is never finished with their work.

If you personally did that green fade finish (the old one), you have my respect. That is gorgeous. What is also exciting is that you have the cojones to destroy it for something better. Keep us posted!

Doing the pickup rings in the same color is brilliant. I prefer your treatment to emphasizing them.

Hate to be the only one, but the original color was gorgeous to me....although the fade thing with matching rings does look awesome!!

Hate to be the only one, but the original color was gorgeous to me....although the fade thing with matching rings does look awesome!!

Thank you, yes that green fadded looks great, but its not the original i did that refinish back in 2012, the original color was grey black i think it was called...

And Thank you guys for the great comments, its going to take awhile for the guitar to be completted, but im really desparate to play it.

I like pic 1 a bit better as well, but I get this. I had a car I repainted 3 times...

...eager to see the finished product!

That 3-way position is exactly what I want to do with my Custom 24.

Do it, its the fastest way to change positions while playing. I'm still not to incline to the 5 position blade change. I had added a new knob position between the other two so i can have one master tone and two independent volumes, the mini switch is to make the neck coil tap, but after looking at the Blower mod on a SUHR i think im going to do it to mine and add a push pull to get the coil tap. I really like how the 3 knobs fan out and if i decide latter on to eliminate the little swtich i can add a 4th knob, many fun electronic mods can be done down the road with this setup.

Cheers.

Your setup is great. I just wonder if the toggle switch won't stay in the way of the tremolo arm? I use an ordinary Gibson 3-way switch.

Back