Redwood Guitars(?)

django49

That is--made of redwood, not (necessarily) colored red.....

Anyone else here a fan? I am not sure if many PRS guitars have been made with either a redwood top or a solid redwood body. I do recall one or more Private Stock acoustic PRSi guitars. My limited experience leads me to think this is an overlooked option for an excellent tone wood. One guitar in particular stands out in my memory as possibly the "sweetest" sounding guitar I ever played.

I DO have a custom order in the queue that incorporates a redwood top over a chambered body. But I am curious as to whether (or how much) it has been used in PRS guitars.

I've got a Ltd Siggy from '91 that is redwood. It's a hollowbody with no F hole and a two piece bridge. Man, it is a sweet sounding guitar. It has some mojo!

I’ve seen a few PRS with redwood tops - wonderful guitars. I’m pretty sure a small run passed through a few members hands in addition to Bodia.

One of my absolute favourite acoustic combinations is redwood top with ebony back and sides. I’ve played 3 and each one was amazing. I didn’t have spare cash for the first (which I believe Paul handed to me). I foolishly thought about the second and missed the deal of a lifetime. The third is a bit pricey so I’m holding out until I visit St Louis or Woodstock.

Back