Rediscovering My Past

Great Les!!! Both songs were excellent and great tones and solo! Loved both of them!
Moody, tasty tunes that are original sounding. I REALLY dug them!

I really like control 10, the transition from the acoustic guitar (true?or piezo) to the electric was just perfectly timed, at 1:07 minute I was saying okay it's time for some meat on the bones, then boom, rock 'n roll power chords,
with just the right amount of chic-a chic boom. chic- a-chic, ,Then we take the nice escalator ride to the solo (perhaps neck pickup), string dynamics change perfect with your pick attack clean strong notes followed by blurry slurry bends with some telecaster slap back tones at the outro of the solo, then the beautiful letdown right back into the acoustic, another nice miniature solo song outro, à la smashing pumpkins to the song exit. de de de de de de de de.
top-notch very enjoyable. multiple guitar tones crossing over.:cool:
fantastic solo. so you let some really good guitar player use your living room?;)
now we need to know the guitar, and the settings, it definitely had a mid-punch. what pickups?

do it live stick it on YouTube, probably 1 million hits. unfortunately all the band members are dead from heroin overdose, just kidding. standard rock 'n roll question.
Really good song, I've already listened to it 10 times.

I really like control 10, the transition from the acoustic guitar (true?or piezo) to the electric was just perfectly timed, at 1:07 minute I was saying okay it's time for some meat on the bones, then boom, rock 'n roll power chords,
with just the right amount of chic-a chic boom. chic- a-chic, ,Then we take the nice escalator ride to the solo (perhaps neck pickup), string dynamics change perfect with your pick attack clean strong notes followed by blurry slurry bends with some telecaster slap back tones at the outro of the solo, then the beautiful letdown right back into the acoustic, another nice miniature solo song outro, à la smashing pumpkins to the song exit. de de de de de de de de.
top-notch very enjoyable. multiple guitar tones crossing over.:cool:
fantastic solo. so you let some really good guitar player use your living room?;)
now we need to know the guitar, and the settings, it definitely had a mid-punch. what pickups?

do it live stick it on YouTube, probably 1 million hits. unfortunately all the band members are dead from heroin overdose, just kidding. standard rock 'n roll question.
Really good song, I've already listened to it 10 times.

I know there are two acoustic guitars on the track, because I remember playing my Collings SJ while Pat was playing a Larrivee, but his might have had a pickup as well as being miked acoustically. For what it’s worth, I remember using a Blue Mouse mic on vocals and acoustic guitars, because it was my favorite mic.

I don’t remember much about the electric guitar sessions. I was wearing too many hats - producing, arranging, recording, and playing electric guitar, bass and keyboards. I was also mixing as we went. It was a blur. The electric guitars were definitely my early-‘00 McCarty and McCarty RW. At the time, my amps were a Tremoverb, Maverick, Blue Angel, TOL100, and a Bad Cat Hot Cat. I can’t imagine not using all of them. I also used a Mesa Bass 400+ bass amp.

All of the musicians in that “band” are still alive. ;) There were only 3 of us.

The real talent on those songs was Patrick; he wrote them, sang them, came up with the acoustic guitar parts, and we talked through every single bit of the arrangements. In fact, he and I are still friends, though he moved to another city.

The weird thing is that I’m surprised how well I did on bass. I can’t play like that any more, I had nerve damage in my fretting hand a few years ago, and while surgery stopped the deterioration, I still have two numb fingers. So I had to change a lot of how I play.

Nice one Les! Well two actually, but you get my drift.

I like both tracks for different reasons, none that I need to bore anyone here with! As music is such a personal thing. Suffice to say I’d buy an album with another 7-8 tracks of you guys playing together.

Back