RECYCLE!!! Alternate Use's For Non-PRS Guitars

sergiodeblanc

American's throw away about 254 million tons of trash each year, that averages to about 5 pounds per day for each person, so that's like a light Strat per day, or a Les Paul every two days.

Stop throwing that sh!t away! Recycle it!

Since we're all rich lawyers and dentists, let's lead by example and share what we do to lessen our carbon footprint by explaining what you did or do to repurpose or recycle your non-PRS guitars.

For instance, I use a vintage Guild S-100 to test spray paint colors, and had my maid use the wiring to hang dry my new Versace underwear.

How about you?

Carved up a crap bass to try an make it bowable. Eventually it become kindling.
Gave an old acoustic to a recent immigrant who wanted to learn guitar in the evening.
Gave a small body acoustic to a niece who wanted to play guitar after I found out her parents had bought her a trash guitar.
Sergio declined an invitation to paint an old scratch and dent electric I have, so I’ll practice my spray bomb skills on it before painting a bike I want to give a new look - not sure yet if it will be a blend of neon or pastel colours. Probably a layer of sparkle somewhere.

Donated a $89 single humbucker basswood blueburst amazon special to a kid in church so he had something to learn on, donated blueburst LP copy to a guitar store, they recycled it to their dumpster. Donated a pink amazon special bass to the pastors daughter-in-law, haven't seen her since. Sold a 2014 Fender PJ Bass back to the guitar store I bought it from, I lost money they basically sold it for the same price twice.

I ate an old 335; marinated, deep fried, and then chopped and tossed in a salad.

The plywood kind of reminded me of thick taco shells.

It was delicious, though I did have splinters in uncomfortable places the next day.

Last edited:
I ate an old 335; marinated, deep fried, and then chopped and tossed in a salad.

The plywood kind of reminded me of thick taco shells.

It was delicious, though I did have splinters in uncomfortable places the next day.

At our age, you gotta get your fiber somewhere!

I don’t have anything that I want to do “experimental” things to!:D

I think if I was gonna go all “Doc Brown”, I’d get the scaffold plank out of the shed, saw it up, practice jointing it and build a “beater-upper” to practice some luthiery skills on.

Ok the neck would be a completely different matter! But you’ve got to start somewhere!

Heck, there’s no point in buying routers and vernier gauges if you’re not gonna put them to use!!:confused:

Back