Records on how many of each model were made?

2ManyGuitars

Hello! I'm wondering if there's any records regarding how many of each model were made?

Back story - I had a 1990's McCarty that I sold back in 2008 in a moment of complete stupidity. I finally replaced it with a 2000 model in Tri-color sunburst. I haven't seen many Tri-color for sale and it got me wondering how many were made.

Thanks!

Hello! I'm wondering if there's any records regarding how many of each model were made?

Back story - I had a 1990's McCarty that I sold back in 2008 in a moment of complete stupidity. I finally replaced it with a 2000 model in Tri-color sunburst. I haven't seen many Tri-color for sale and it got me wondering how many were made.

Thanks!

Hi, welcome to the forum.

No use on info for your question.

If the guitar in your avatar is yours? Very nice and congrats.

I reached out to PRS for some info on my 1990 Cu24 and they basically guessed, told me the records from that period were .... sketchy. As in non-existent I think. Not sure when they got serious about record keeping but I'd guess by the time they moved to the current factory - 1995 I think - they were doing so. You might send them an e-mail and ask. They do respond and were helpful to me in spite of their lack of firm documentation.

Hello and yes, that is a fabulous machine you have!
I'm sure somewhere in the hallowed halls of Bean Counters that information does exist in the company's business plan archives. How you would access or get an answer is probably about as easy as obtaining the true airspeed of the African Cliff Swallow.

Back