Recordings of HBII with pickups other than 58/15LT?

BWV548

Custom Title
Does anyone have (of can point me to) recordings of HBIIs (with no piezo or piezo not engaged) with pickups other than 58/15 LTs? Happy to read opinions, but recordings preferred.
I've been with my HBII for around a year now, and though I love playing it, I really don't like the 58/15LTs in it; I do, however, LOVE those pickups in my 594. I've done several hight adjustments, but they just sound too lifeless and colorless to me in the HBII. So I'd love to hear samples with other pickups to help me choose a different set - PRS PUs or other.

Ill check and see what is in mine ( Think they are McCarty pickups ) I would be happy to record something.
I have not been a fan of the LT pickups , I do like the 59/15 MT pickups in my Special Semihollow
Lots of folks really like the 57/08s

I find the 57/08's in a HB-ii sound very different from a SC245 or LesPaul with 57/08's. (My LP was donated 57/08's from my HB-ii)
I expect your 58/15LT's to be the same - the guitar is having a big impact on the sound.

I put BKP Mule's into my HB-ii and am happier now, but my solid-body's still get most of my time.

The HB II I just got has the 58/15's but haven't had it long enough to decide if I want to change. Right now it's my go to. I like the sound but you know how that goes

I have 57/08 in mine. There's a recording above, but I'm happy to record a snippet if yiu like. I can do clean, edge of break-up or dirty. Whatever sound you want to hear.

I have 57/08 in mine. There's a recording above, but I'm happy to record a snippet if yiu like. I can do clean, edge of break-up or dirty. Whatever sound you want to hear.
Ah brilliant! If you’re willing, clean would be great, as that’s where I struggle with the 85/15lt, in that guitar, most
Thank you!

Ah brilliant! If you’re willing, clean would be great, as that’s where I struggle with the 85/15lt, in that guitar, most
Thank you!
To be honest, I'm still working on getting the tone I want out of my HBII. For point of reference I have a Mesa Boogie Mark V:25. I'll throw something out on soundcloud this weekend.

Cheesy and simple recorded on my iPad. Archtop pickups into my Boogie Mark V clean channel - set up super clean. Just three fragments: a bit of finger style, a bit of strumming, a bit of a lazy lead line.

I recently got an hbii piezo with 58/15LT and was having a terrible time dialing in the sound. Seem tinny with harsh treble tones. Tried a bunch of different things to no avail. Finally I swapped them out for dragon ii’s and now I’m in love. It really opened up the sound. Decently higher output and just creamy goodness. My favorite guitar I’ve ever played now. It’s amazing.

Not sure if it matters but it’s an artist, which I think changes fretboard wood and may affect tone?

Cheesy and simple recorded on my iPad. Archtop pickups into my Boogie Mark V clean channel - set up super clean. Just three fragments: a bit of finger style, a bit of strumming, a bit of a lazy lead line.
Thank you sir!

Okay here goes. THERE IS NO ATTEMPT TO MIX THESE OR PROCESS THEM IN ANY WAY!!!

I did clean sounds and dirty sounds.

CLEAN
All sounds are run through a Mesa Boogie V:25 on the clean channel. The EQ is at 12:00 across all the dials. I'm running the amp out into a UAD OX with a "4x12 Thick" cabinet model. I did one take on each pickup. If I made a mistake (and I made a LOT) I left it in. This is about the different sounds and not the performance.

I recorded the same thing three times: The first time on the neck pickup, the second time with both pickups and the third time with the bridge pickup.

https://soundcloud.com/radiomoved/ps-hollowbody-ii-with-5708-clean-sounds

DIRTY
All sounds are run through a MEsa Boogie V:25 on the Crunch channel. The gain is pretty low (8:00). The treble is at 1:00, the bass is at 11:00, the presence is at 1:00. The mids are at Noon. I'm running the amp out in a UAD OX with a 2x12 Alnico cabinet model. I did one take on each pickup. If I made a mistake (and I made a LOT) I left it in. This riff is something new I'm playing with to see how I want to develop it. I don't play it well yet. This is about the sound of the guitar and not the performance.

https://soundcloud.com/radiomoved/prs-hollowbody-ii-with-5708s-dirty-sounds

I recently got an hbii piezo with 58/15LT and was having a terrible time dialing in the sound. Seem tinny with harsh treble tones. Tried a bunch of different things to no avail. Finally I swapped them out for dragon ii’s and now I’m in love. It really opened up the sound. Decently higher output and just creamy goodness. My favorite guitar I’ve ever played now. It’s amazing.

Not sure if it matters but it’s an artist, which I think changes fretboard wood and may affect tone?
It's funny, with a bit of dirt, the tone is ok. To much dirt, I I really need to eq the bass out - gets muddy. Clean, they are just lifeless to me. I know it's a vastly different guitar, but I do find it amusing that I like the pickups so much on the 594. Zero desire to swap the out on that. It's also amusing that, to my ear, of my amps the one where it sounds the worst, clean, is my one PRS amp (Sonzera 20); an amp that I love with all of my other guitars, PRS or not

Okay here goes. THERE IS NO ATTEMPT TO MIX THESE OR PROCESS THEM IN ANY WAY!!!

I did clean sounds and dirty sounds.

CLEAN
All sounds are run through a Mesa Boogie V:25 on the clean channel. The EQ is at 12:00 across all the dials. I'm running the amp out into a UAD OX with a "4x12 Thick" cabinet model. I did one take on each pickup. If I made a mistake (and I made a LOT) I left it in. This is about the different sounds and not the performance.

I recorded the same thing three times: The first time on the neck pickup, the second time with both pickups and the third time with the bridge pickup.

https://soundcloud.com/radiomoved/ps-hollowbody-ii-with-5708-clean-sounds

DIRTY
All sounds are run through a MEsa Boogie V:25 on the Crunch channel. The gain is pretty low (8:00). The treble is at 1:00, the bass is at 11:00, the presence is at 1:00. The mids are at Noon. I'm running the amp out in a UAD OX with a 2x12 Alnico cabinet model. I did one take on each pickup. If I made a mistake (and I made a LOT) I left it in. This riff is something new I'm playing with to see how I want to develop it. I don't play it well yet. This is about the sound of the guitar and not the performance.

https://soundcloud.com/radiomoved/prs-hollowbody-ii-with-5708s-dirty-sounds
Awesome!! Thank much! I do like the way those sound. Particularly the neck and combo. May I ask: what string gauges and is the G wound?

Back