Recommendations

Single_tone

Have an album or band you really think others should check out? This is a great place to post it. I'll start mine.

I'm sure a lot of you have heard of Makari, but have you heard Andy's other band called WVNDER?

Just recently found out about it and am really digging it. Three LPS out and I really like all three.

Among players that never really see much mainstream light, I’d say Phil Keaggy and Monte Montgomery are worth a listen. A good sampler for Phil is his instrument masterwork “The Wind and The Wheat.” For Monte, possibly the albums “Mirror” and “Wishing Well” for his unique take on acoustic guitar that doesn’t sound like anyone else’s acoustic playing, or “Lost and Found” if you can find it for electric and acoustic work.

Audio of the title song on Phil’s album:

A video of Monte doing “When Will I?” On Austin City Limits:

Among players that never really see much mainstream light, I’d say Phil Keaggy and Monte Montgomery are worth a listen. A good sampler for Phil is his instrument masterwork “The Wind and The Wheat.” For Monte, possibly the albums “Mirror” and “Wishing Well” for his unique take on acoustic guitar that doesn’t sound like anyone else’s acoustic playing, or “Lost and Found” if you can find it for electric and acoustic work.

Audio of the title song on Phil’s album:

A video of Monte doing “When Will I?” On Austin City Limits:

I remember hearing this in my dad's collection, he loves guitar and I always see him playing old acoustics even until now.

and play like mofos.

Oh, and the bassist/singer has had some success in another band called “Kansas.” And Mike Slamer has been in some pretty good projects like Devil’s Hand.

i like kansas, really want to make my old lady listen to it, but you know, prog?

For a really tasty guitar oriented hidden gem - Ronnie Earl's - 'The Colour Of Love' with Gregg Allman & Hank Crawford. Everything from Santanaish latin to blues and jazz.

Back