Reclaimed Limited CE24 / Experience 2007 Custom 24 / 513?

Which one to get...

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Experience 2007 Custom 24

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Reclaimed Limited CE 24 Semi-hollow

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
That's a great looking 513!

I know, it's maybe the best looking out of the three options I have.

They're all droolsome. Of course, it's not just about the pickups and electronics, or where the bridge is made, etc. The guitars are fundamentally different in other ways that matter.

For example, the 513 has a longer scale length than the other two. That gives it a different sound, a bit of twang, a lot of lower midrange clarity. Then you throw in the switching and the middle pickup, and it's unique in the PRS lineup. If you need or like single coil sounds, it's a good choice.

The CU24 has, in addition to 24 instead of 22 frets, pickup placement that gives it a fat and focused tone. I find that it really cuts through a band mix, and doesn't need much EQ in a studio mix. So if you like humbucker sounds and want solos to cut, it's pretty great. I love the one I have.

I haven't played the reclaimed wood model. The clips sound great, though you have a semi-hollow already.

I drool over most PRS', really so that's a no-brainer. :D

I like single coil sounds and need them too, but I have a custom made guitar that has an unparalleled single coil sound in any position. So what I'm left wondering is whether they're good enough that I'll actually use them instead of reverting back to the custom guitar. I mean, I will, but if I do that despite having the 513, then it kinda defeats the whole purpose of getting a 513.

I think I'm gravitating towards the Cu24, albeit the finish on that is my least favourite of the tree. I just enjoy the thought of owning a Cu24, as it's the other thing I've drooled over since picking up a guitar, in addition to the custom guitar I already own. :)

The reclaimeds have gone up in price, IMHO, that ship has sailed. Unless you're seeing one for its original sale price, I'd knock that one out of the running. I recently searched on Reverb, and they seem to have doubled in price. However, that is the only way to get a CE24 or Vela semi-hollow, so if you're interested in a unique choice, this would be currently the only non-private-stock way of obtaining that particular combination. Much less the beautiful reclaimed wood tops.

The 513 is an excellent choice, IMHO, that is their flagship, in terms of tone monster. If you're a serious studio guitarist, and need one single tool to get a plethora of tones out of, it would be no question to me that that's the one you should get. Seriously -- 13 different tones, and that's just pickup selection, you haven't even started on tone shaping with the volume and tone knobs and pedals and amps.

The Custom 24 is also their flagship, in that it is their biggest seller. I'm not familiar with what's special about the 2007 experience model, but if you want a good workhorse guitar for live play, that seems to me to be the one to get.

The reclaimeds have gone up in price, IMHO, that ship has sailed. Unless you're seeing one for its original sale price, I'd knock that one out of the running. I recently searched on Reverb, and they seem to have doubled in price. However, that is the only way to get a CE24 or Vela semi-hollow, so if you're interested in a unique choice, this would be currently the only non-private-stock way of obtaining that particular combination. Much less the beautiful reclaimed wood tops.

The 513 is an excellent choice, IMHO, that is their flagship, in terms of tone monster. If you're a serious studio guitarist, and need one single tool to get a plethora of tones out of, it would be no question to me that that's the one you should get. Seriously -- 13 different tones, and that's just pickup selection, you haven't even started on tone shaping with the volume and tone knobs and pedals and amps.

The Custom 24 is also their flagship, in that it is their biggest seller. I'm not familiar with what's special about the 2007 experience model, but if you want a good workhorse guitar for live play, that seems to me to be the one to get.

I would've been able to get a Reclaimed CE24 for ~2000€ from the UK from a dealer, but I've now come to the conclusion that I'm not getting one since it's so similar to the S2 I have now.

Maybe I'll one day be a studio musician and will get the 513 then, but now I've concluded to get the Experience 2007 CU24. It's not anything special, it's pretty standard specs, considering it's cu24, but it's a steal at 1800€ (roughly $2000 with current rates). I've made an agreement with the seller, and we're discussing details on shipping and such.
So next week or the one after that, I'll be the owner of a CU24. :)

Oops, I made last minute changes to my plans.
Now I've placed an order on this beauty of a CU24, from 2002.

prs_custom24_2002_69727-1.jpg

I would've been able to get a Reclaimed CE24 for ~2000€ from the UK from a dealer, but I've now come to the conclusion that I'm not getting one since it's so similar to the S2 I have now.

Maybe I'll one day be a studio musician and will get the 513 then, but now I've concluded to get the Experience 2007 CU24. It's not anything special, it's pretty standard specs, considering it's cu24, but it's a steal at 1800€ (roughly $2000 with current rates). I've made an agreement with the seller, and we're discussing details on shipping and such.
So next week or the one after that, I'll be the owner of a CU24. :)[/QUOTE. I`ll be excited to see the pics.

Great choice! Love the color.

Oh yes, I think so too. I love the colour as well, and how the wood is visible in the stain finish. That's the biggest reason actually why I ended up switching what I buy, I didn't fancy the solid red in the Experience 2007 model.

Nice looking guitar. Congrats most likely have hfs/VB pickups. Let us know what you think of those pickups

That's another reason for the switch. This one has that exact pickup combo. As I heard so many polarising views on the #6s, I figured this HFS/VB combo would be the safer option.

Plus, for some reason this one was even cheaper. :D

I'll make sure to post pics when I get the guitar to me, it's being shipped from the UK. :)

513, my recommendation (nice are the ones as of 2014, because they've hand wired electronic instead of a PCB). Another point is: What are the specific neck profiles you've to adopt yourself?

My baby came home yesterday.
Already inspired a few new song beginnings out of me. Will post better pics next week, as unfortunately this weekend I don't have time to even play.

WP_20170602_13_41_56_Rich%202.jpg

Looks great! Congrats!

...I just enjoy the thought of owning a Cu24, as it's the other thing I've drooled over since picking up a guitar...
Everyone should, a.) Own a Custom 24, and, b.) make dreams come true. This seems like a simple decision. :D

Back