Recently Purchased an SE 245 singlecut (Indonesian)

Gaige Nale

So far loving my SE 245. The way the strings bend on the 24.5" scale neck is absolutely great compared to the american pro tele i'm used to. I am currently using a 50 watt boss katana amp and am looking to get more of a classic 60-70s treble sound out of the guitar. I am fairly new to modding and have only changed out the truss rod cover for a custom beechwood lotus flower instead of the plastic 245 emblem. I am not sure if the pickups are a bit more bassy than I like or if I need to tune up my amp setup differently. I also bought some 50/ 52mm pickup covers but am now wondering if pole spacing is not universal for these guitar as i'm not so sure the holes line up though the covers seem to be the right size... Also wondering how much a difference changing the wiring makes and how hard it is to do. Bit of a noob at modifications and setup, all and any help is appreciated. Thank you!

I would of posted an image of the guitar but the rules said something about not posting links until you have three posts haha.

So far loving my SE 245. The way the strings bend on the 24.5" scale neck is absolutely great compared to the american pro tele i'm used to. I am currently using a 50 watt boss katana amp and am looking to get more of a classic 60-70s treble sound out of the guitar. I am fairly new to modding and have only changed out the truss rod cover for a custom beechwood lotus flower instead of the plastic 245 emblem. I am not sure if the pickups are a bit more bassy than I like or if I need to tune up my amp setup differently. I also bought some 50/ 52mm pickup covers but am now wondering if pole spacing is not universal for these guitar as i'm not so sure the holes line up though the covers seem to be the right size... Also wondering how much a difference changing the wiring makes and how hard it is to do. Bit of a noob at modifications and setup, all and any help is appreciated. Thank you!

I would of posted an image of the guitar but the rules said something about not posting links until you have three posts haha.

Welcome to the forums. I bought my 245 used, and had to pretty much rewire the entire cavity. Replaced the 3way toggle as well. Now it sounds awesome. Just put a set of Signature 10's on tonight, made it even better.

I have found, and many will agree, if you just move your pickups one direction or the other closer or farther away from the strings, you will find a satisfying sweet spot for the tone you are hunting for. You can also set your tone knobs around 2 to get a more trebly sound from the pups.

So rewiring makes a pretty huge difference? Im also wondering if it's my lack of a tube amp that is making certain sounds difficult to attain. Did you go ahead and keep the se 45 pickups?

Have had a lot of trouble finding things that I know are for sure compatible

Welcome to the forum Gaige.

Congratulations on your new guitar.

We’d all love to see some photos of your new pride and joy.

So rewiring makes a pretty huge difference? Im also wondering if it's my lack of a tube amp that is making certain sounds difficult to attain. Did you go ahead and keep the se 45 pickups?
In my case it did. The original owner tried to fix the bad 3 way switch and buggered some of the wires and solder. So, i just rewired the whole thing. Everything is new excrpt the pups, those are the original se245 humbuckers

Seem to be blocked from sharing images I think because of new account creation

You should be able to post pictures now, using a 3rd party server like Imgur, or dare i say Photobucket. That is unless you already have in another thread, and i completely missed them.

Back