Receiving emails for watched threads

Elliot

Gandalf the Vintage Yellow
Hey everyone!

As far as I can tell, any preference that mentions receiving emails is turned off in my settings. Specifically the one that says something like "Receive emails for new replies on watched threads". I would still like to be able to "watch" threads and I like getting alerts when I'm on the page. But I really don't want to receive emails for every single reply, quote and post to a watched thread.

Anyone else have the same problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

Elliot

edit: to clarify, I just need to stop the emails

Last edited:
Go to "Alert Preferences" and check the boxes for what you want alerts on. They'll just show up in the top right of the page. I get zero emails from the forum, except I do have the option open for email from administrators.

yeah my biggest problem is getting the emails to stop. @garrett it sounds like you have it figured out. Any special email check box that I'm missing?

How about under "Preferences" > "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...". I have that checked, but there's a sub row about receiving emails which I have unchecked.

How about under "Preferences" > "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...". I have that checked, but there's a sub row about receiving emails which I have unchecked.

yeah me too but I still get them

Back