Received my first guitar...

Decided to take a couple pics at a guitar store of SE Paul's guitar for reference.

Screenshot_20211031-201147_Gallery8a964c9376906d84.jpg

Screenshot_20211031-201040_Gallery75081b17b3e107f9.jpg

Screenshot_20211031-200958_Galleryb32fbdc5fdc5b552.jpg

Screenshot_20211031-200946_Gallery1d5613ec828f9431.jpg

That being said, things like pickup height, bridge height etc. are setup to certain specs for very good reasons (which you well know), and in some cases those things being ‘out’ can spoil the very enjoyment you mention...

For instance, that action.... WAY high.
Angles can be deceiving. Look at sinsir’s post.

So they’re set high out of the factory I guess. How about that. :)

Not that they’re set high at the factory, more that the angle of a picture can be very deceiving. We’ve all seen pictures that can exaggerate unnaturally. If you want the factory action heights, there are very specific numbers in the support section of the website. I never use them, but many people do. They are a starting point, not cast in stone. Your hearing should ultimately tell you what height is good for you. The same for neck relief.

Not that they’re set high at the factory, more that the angle of a picture can be very deceiving. We’ve all seen pictures that can exaggerate unnaturally. If you want the factory action heights, there are very specific numbers in the support section of the website. I never use them, but many people do. They are a starting point, not cast in stone. Your hearing should ultimately tell you what height is good for you. The same for neck relief.
Not when you’re just starting out and you don’t know the difference. But if they’re set like that out of the factory then it is what it is, it’s not ‘wrong’, and that’s the important thing.

Been said 3-4,000,000 times here, but NO PRS action is set high out of the factory. If your guitar arrives with anything but low action, get your dealer to do a setup to factory specs. Easy peasy.

Back