Rec'd My New S2 McCarty 594- question about string height.

Frank Luke

Pathfinder69
So I love the guitar, the neck, etc, etc.Not completely sure about the pups but not enough to worry about now at all. Already have the Phase III's coming via Fedex.
But the string height is, well, really high. Is this normal from the factory? Been playing for over 35 years so I am very familiar with string height.
Curious?
Thanks

The factory does their best but likely errs slightly on the higher side, but by all means you should lower them to suit your preferred feel. The fretboards have enough precision to get the strings pretty low with no buzz without any additional fret work.

My PRSs are all core models, but I've lowered the strings a hair from the factory settings on each one of them, including a Private Stock.

The factory does their best but likely errs slightly on the higher side, but by all means you should lower them to suit your preferred feel. The fretboards have enough precision to get the strings pretty low with no buzz without any additional fret work.

My PRSs are all core models, but I've lowered the strings a hair from the factory settings on each one of them, including a Private Stock.

Never used a bridge to lower the action on an electric. Mainly because of my previous fav guitars, Strats & Teles, as mentioned!

Never used a bridge to lower the action on an electric. Mainly because of my previous fav guitars, Strats & Teles, as mentioned!
That's generally how I lower them, but I can't emphasize this enough, ONLY after checking the relief first to be sure it's the way I like it, which is nearly flat but not quite.

I'd say that about half the time, flattening the neck just a hair is enough to get the strings where I like them with no further adjustments.

That's generally how I lower them, but I can't emphasize this enough, ONLY after checking the relief first to be sure it's the way I like it, which is nearly flat but not quite.

I'd say that about half the time, flattening the neck just a hair is enough to get the strings where I like them with no further adjustments.

Thanks. I also like the neck basically flat on all my guitars.This one looks to be perfect. Just going to go slow and measure as I go-not to get to a numbered height, but to keep them both the same. Hope I said that correctly. did I mention I love the guitar. My first "real" electric guitar besides Fenders. That's saying something because I been around a long time!

Thanks folks

Back