Reasons to NOT buy another guitar

The only valid excuse I could come up with was that I was waiting to go private stock so I could get EXACTLY what I wanted. I suppose that's sort the money thing, but only partially. I really was to the point where nothing else would be "good enough". It's not that there were no other guitars I wanted, just nothing I wanted more than to spec everything, pick the woods and all the details. That customization is the only real excuse outside of money.

I don't want to deal with all the tirekickers (IRL) or lowballers (online).

Dude! I'll totally give you like...$23.47 and a half a stick of gum for any PRS you have. If it's a PS I might even be able to throw in...I dunno', maybe like a Ukulele starter kit? That **** cost like $30 by itself!

:rolleyes:

I never listen to the voices in my head, so I don't have this problem! That's also why my big fat butt looks good in this dress

My PS could be finished anytime now.

(Which is working for now, but I'm still looking for what's next...)

It will take valuable playing time away from the PRSi I already have

This is the only valid reason...and the only one that has EVER worked for me (albeit rarely). Before I buy a new guitar...I force myself to look at each one I have and mentally decide which one I am going to play less to make time for the "new one".

No need to buy anymore because I'm so happy with my current stash of PRS guitars!

OK, who am I kidding, there are plenty more I want - a DGT, a P22, a PS...etc.etc.

Reasons to not buy a guitar that do not involve money?

- you are falling out of a tree
- you are underwater, but only with specific conditions (must involve submarine crash, or sharks)
- on fire (you or the guitar, does not matter)

There are other reasons, but they only get more absurd.

"What am I going to do with it that I can't already do with the ones I have?"

"I can't sneak another one into the place without my wife noticing."

"I don't even play the style of music that sounds good with."

"Too many strings to change."

DISCLAIMER: None of these actually work, by the way. ;)
AND EVERY ONE IF THEM IS BLATANTLY FALSE!

The wife says, "don't you already have like, 5 of those"? And I say; "yes honey, but this one is different"! And she says, "yeah, right...well, one of the other "different" ones has to go before you bring a new "different" one home". This goes on for about an hour...then, because I can't bring myself to give any of my beauties up, I reluctantly agree...and I await the next opportunity...because it will come....muha, ha, ha ha...!

The best reason for not getting one is that I don't have a reason for getting one.

I'm not a collector. I buy for a specific purpose. It cuts down on the GAS quite a bit.

Back