Real or fake?

Big question is why fake an SE single cut?
Because they sell for about 1/3 the price of a real SE while still being profitable for the Chinese knock-off factory, and people buy them because they think the knock-off is close enough. ("Why should I pay full price for an SE when this thing is also made in an Asian factory and looks good to me!")

Unfortunately eventually the owner (who knew it was fake when they bought it) pawns or sells it, the buyer sees the "real PRS signature" on the headstock, and thinks they are picking up a core model for a steal. Sometimes it gets described as a Korean build like this listing, but even that is disingenuous.

Because they sell for about 1/3 the price of a real SE while still being profitable for the Chinese knock-off factory, and people buy them because they think the knock-off is close enough. ("Why should I pay full price for an SE when this thing is also made in an Asian factory and looks good to me!")

Unfortunately eventually the owner (who knew it was fake when they bought it) pawns or sells it, the buyer sees the "real PRS signature" on the headstock, and thinks they are picking up a core model for a steal. Sometimes it gets described as a Korean build like this listing, but even that is disingenuous.

Some folk have no morals!

Without even paying attention to the other screwups, the tremolo bridge is all squared off where the bar goes in, etc...

Back