Real or fake 513?

mrcnn

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for my first PRS guitar, and i have to confess, i'm in love with PRS 513 :)
There is one instrument in my price range, but I just want to be sure that this guitar is the real deal... Can you help me with that? Body and head shape looks genuine, but serial number does not check out (8 130051) and also, i haven't seen any other 513 with solid colour like this one.
Whats your opinion on this guitar?

w3aDb2f.jpg

7q9CbTz.jpg

LKrtRWX.jpg

zVxszS8.jpg

Nice one! Looks legit.
Probably an all mahogany 513 Standard.
Nice touch with the matching color 513 on the truss rod cover...

I hope to get it by the and of the week. Gonna order it today, but i don't know how long will it take to deliver it from UK to Poland.

Now the hardest part begins: waiting!!
Hope it is more than you expected when you touch it for the first time!!!
In the meantime, please read all the tips in the 513 threads in this forum!! This will make waiting easier and you'll speed up the learning curve when you receive it.

The SN is OK - PRS assigns the SN when the guitar is started, but the "Year" on the headstock doesn't get added until right at the end, so it is possible for a guitar to be off by a year in either direction, if it took longer or was faster than planned in the build cycle.

I tip my hat to anyone who actually wants to attempt knocking off a 513!! :D Not going to happen. (and someone will prove me wrong tomorrow...)

Last edited:
Now the hardest part begins: waiting!!
Actually, the hardest part was paying for that thing! It took me two days and countles tries to get it work. Every Paypal transaction ended up with an error. Two of my credit cards got declined :/ I've finally managed to pay with Revolut (not without a problem). I hope the guitar is gonna be worth it.

DHL tracking site says, package is comming today! Can't wait! Too bad Red Dead Redemption 2 came to PC this week. Now i have to split my free time between gaming and PRSing (and -of course- my Girlfriend :p). This is gonna be hard :/

Back