Ready for a swim? New 7-string Private Stock!

Dave Weiner

Hey folks. Hope you've all been well. Thought you might enjoy a look at my new PS 7. Quick specs: Maple over ash, Maple board/neck. Dimarzio Blaze 7 pickups. Northern Lights finish. I said on the spec sheet "just pick the craziest flame you can find".

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1800.jpg

Here's a FB live event I did with the new axe:
Enjoy and I hope everyone's having a great summer!

Ooh that is so nice. You are a lucky one!

T + V and a regular switch. So why the large control cavity? The plate looks proportionately large to me.

Yes! That's killer!

What are your thoughts on the ash with maple top and neck? Does it seem to be brighter sounding than your others?

c0105b9d949d94093c56ba01579bae52.jpg

Wow! Wowowowowowowowow!!!!

Beauty, sir! That flamed maple neck and board - just awesome. The cavity covers against the dark back look fab. 7-string and a trem! Yes!!! And Northern Lights is just an off-the-charts finish. I'm sure someday I'll see a NL that makes me go, "eh", but so far, not even close.

Congrats! Can't wait to see you play it.

Incredible World Class Musical Instrument built for a lifetime of playing. The PRS Team, once again, exceeds all expectations and raises the bar.

That's spectacular. Everything about it is perfect -- I've seen a lot of variation in Northern Lights finishes, and that one just captures what I picture in my mind's eye when I think of what the name means.

I'm not familiar with Blaze pickups, though...(wanders off to look at the page...oh, look, there's your picture...link)...scooped, eh? I wonder how that would sound clean...

(tries to think of a "that flame is so tight that..." joke that is clean...fails)

Awesome guitar Dave! And that Northern Lights finish and that flame is such a great combo!

Ooh that is so nice. You are a lucky one!

T + V and a regular switch. So why the large control cavity? The plate looks proportionately large to me.

You'd have to ask PRS, but I'm assuming it's just bc it could take care of my control layout while not having to reprogram the routing robot.

Yes! That's killer!

What are your thoughts on the ash with maple top and neck? Does it seem to be brighter sounding than your others?

Almost all of my PRSs are maple and ash. Its got presence but not disproportionately bright. I prefer ash as I find it more pleasing and tonally balanced than the standard maple/mahogany format. Mahogany is great, but mid-range heavy and it doesn't suit my needs for clean tones like Ash does.

That's spectacular. Everything about it is perfect -- I've seen a lot of variation in Northern Lights finishes, and that one just captures what I picture in my mind's eye when I think of what the name means.

I'm not familiar with Blaze pickups, though...(wanders off to look at the page...oh, look, there's your picture...link)...scooped, eh? I wonder how that would sound clean...

(tries to think of a "that flame is so tight that..." joke that is clean...fails)

A bit scooped yes. That is intentional to help provide overall tonal balance, as the amps I will play this through (most of the time) are inherently a bit mid-rangey (Marshalls, Friedmans).

Almost all of my PRSs are maple and ash. Its got presence but not disproportionately bright. I prefer ash as I find it more pleasing and tonally balanced than the standard maple/mahogany format. Mahogany is great, but mid-range heavy and it doesn't suit my needs for clean tones like Ash does.

Thanks Dave. I think we look for the same thing in that regard.

Seems like ash/maple have been popping up a lot in the Private Stock Friday thread, so it must work well. I can confirm your orange fade one sounds great. I've seen you play it with Steve a few times. Maybe we'll get to see this Northern Lights beauty next time around?

Back