Reading

I recommend my last lecture, "The Crucible" by Arthur Miller. The idea of this play constitutes to urge people to remain calm during crises. It is a mistake to jump to the worst conclusions immediately. Click the site of GradesFixer since more great thoughts and topic ideas are in its free essay examples about "The Crucible". After checking the writing source's samples, I understood the terms of self-reflection and the power of integrity.

Last edited:
For the first time in my life, I abandoned (drooped at the free library) a book after 50 pages. I couldn’t read 4 pages without falling asleep…and it’s football season, so I can always watch that if I need a nap.

I’ve been doing that recently too, but unfortunately, I think age has something to do with it as well. :confused:

Blake Crouch is my newly discovered favorite author. I’m reading everything by him. Just finished The Wayward Pines series. Crouch has one helluva imagination.
I just started Dark Matter last night.

For the first time in my life, I abandoned (drooped at the free library) a book after 50 pages. I couldn’t read 4 pages without falling asleep…and it’s football season, so I can always watch that if I need a nap.
Oh my! I just got it! When you say “football” you mean “soccer!”
Hahaha, got me! I couldn’t figure out why anyone would say that about American football, but you were talking about soccer! Now it makes perfect sense! Whew

:p:p:p:p

Currently working on a 2nd Master's degree so sadly all I do is read lol gratefully will be done in December
Currently reading Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology

If you want to get anywhere in life education is essential. My ex friends daughter is a speech pathologist and she needed 2 Masters degrees.

The 2nd Masters is designed to go along with the 1st so not much is going change professionally except the pay =D
I predict a sh1t ton of $ coming your way. Amazing and congrats!

As far as I can see you will be set for life!

You have made some excellent decisions in your life.

Last edited:
If you want to get anywhere in life education is essential. My ex friends daughter is a speech pathologist and she needed 2 Masters degrees.
There is a lot of shifting going on in the dynamics of this equation. I've closed 4 mortgages in the last 7 days. Interesting to review them in relation to this statement, which I agree, is normally accepted.

1- A teacher with a masters degree. She has moved up to "director of gifted program" and is up 10k per year from last year, now making $56K salary. Has $114K in student loans, and $2500 total in checking and savings accounts.
2- Factory worker, 21 years old. No debt, and put down $30,000 to buy his first home, all of which he has saved in the last two years. Makes $30/hr and gets OT at $45. After putting $30K down, still has $15K in the bank. Made $78K last year.
3- Maintenance supervisor for a company (same one as #2). $38/hr wage - $79K/year base. Made $95K with OT last year. Put $50K down on his home, and still has $22K in the bank. All saved in the last two years.
4- a pollice officer with a masters in criminology- $76K income last year, down to $75K in student loans.

I think teachers are very important, and underpaid. But the dynamics of this are shifting and unless college costs get under control, it's going to be harder and harder to justify ANY expensive college, for anything but higher paying jobs. One financial guru recently cited a student going to a $50K/year college to get an education degree, JUST because that's where her father went. Things like this do not make financial sense. And I'm only using teachers as an example... there are many others. A few months ago I have to turn down a lady who had a masters in psychiatry because she makes $40K/year as a social worker and had $120K in student loans.

I'm not questioning peoples callings or life objectives, but as was pointed out buy the financial expert, community college the first two years, commuting the next 2-3 and getting the masters online would have saved any of the above over $100K

Last edited by a moderator:
Post secondary costs are overwhelming! With a lot of parents being in terrible debt and they are even losing things because their needs far outweigh their salaries.

When we got married we had no kids yet. My husband made the smart moves to invest $ in blue chip stocks. He is very involved in his stocks. Financially over the course of many years and paying for our boys post secondary education the stocks have come in very handy. That is what we live on. My salary pays for all the extra things we need or want.

Planning for your future is so important.
We planned every detail out and it has paid off in innumerable ways.

Didn’t ever want to be that senior eating dog food.

I disagree with this statement a little. There are plenty of trade jobs that pay well in excess of 'professional' jobs. MBA's are a dime a dozen yet my Nephew makes so much money installing wood floors that it's almost unbelievable.

Education is great, however it is NOT the only path to success.

I disagree with this statement a little. There are plenty of trade jobs that pay well in excess of 'professional' jobs. MBA's are a dime a dozen yet my Nephew makes so much money installing wood floors that it's almost unbelievable.

Education is great, however it is NOT the only path to success.
But in my parents mind back in 70’s education was the key to everything.
And you right there are many different pathways to the road of success.
My son is a heavy equipment operator and his benefits, ot and salary are incredible. He makes 6 figures and then some. He was in the right place at the right time. And the bonus is he loves his job.

If I could do my life over again a heavy equipment op is what I should of been. I still to this day love watching these vehicles operate. I know I would of been very good at this. Give me a construction site to watch any day of the week and I am ecstatic. It’s fascinating to watch. Much as I could sit in the garden and watch the ants work on their colonies. Just fascinating lol

Last edited:
Back