Reading

I'm truly envious of those of you who are fast readers. My wife and my best friend are both fast readers. I read at the pace the voice in my head speaks at, which is about what a comfortable conversation might be. The time savings and efficiency... Oh my!

Lately I've been reading old Star Wars books by Timothy Zahn. It's what Star Wars was always supposed to be.

Finished up Harry Turtledove's How Few Remain series, which was delightfully timely alternative history these last few years.

In between, I toss in WW2 histories, Mitch Rapp books (the new guy is actually better than Flynn!), and other old favorites. I'm tickled by the idea that I'm probably due to discover some new-to-me author in the next couple of months.

I'm truly envious of those of you who are fast readers. My wife and my best friend are both fast readers. I read at the pace the voice in my head speaks at, which is about what a comfortable conversation might be. The time savings and efficiency... Oh my!

Lately I've been reading old Star Wars books by Timothy Zahn. It's what Star Wars was always supposed to be.

Finished up Harry Turtledove's How Few Remain series, which was delightfully timely alternative history these last few years.

In between, I toss in WW2 histories, Mitch Rapp books (the new guy is actually better than Flynn!), and other old favorites. I'm tickled by the idea that I'm probably due to discover some new-to-me author in the next couple of months.
Zahn's Star Wars books are fantastic. I enjoyed them so much that I have read through them a couple of times.

Chaucer walks into a bar and announces he’s on a walk about with diverse group of friends and plans to write about the journey. He asks if any might be interested in reading his Tale. Shakespeare says “I’ll play-tragedy or comedy? Twain says, “I prefer comedy, but I’m still hungry. So after I hit the head, I want more puddin Wilson.

Chaucer walks into a bar and announces he’s on a walk about with diverse group of friends and plans to write about the journey. He asks if any might be interested in reading his Tale. Shakespeare says “I’ll play-tragedy or comedy? Twain says, “I prefer comedy, but I’m still hungry. So after I hit the head, I want more puddin Wilson.

Back