Re-Shape Back of Neck. SE Wide/Thick

Have not posted a pic here yet. Too many steps for this old man.

After playing it last night, I am probably going to pass it on and get another S2 with my favorite pattern regular neck. Still have a couple of other builds waiting in the wings. Bought it cheap and going to sell it cheap to move it quick. It does play well though. Not going to deface the PRS I guess.

I've never done a neck reshaping myself...suffice to say its not as simple as it sounds, it takes some time to do. I do have a project axe with a chonkytown neck on it that I may experiment with.

As far as neck patterns go...I've never really cared that much about it. I can feel the difference, but its never been a big deal. The only necks I dislike are those super wide Ibanez Wizard type necks. I detest those things.

Still have not done the re-shape. Got a price locally and it was $500. Not going to pay more for this service than I did for the guitar. I really like the guitar even though I am not a fan of the neck carve. I play it as much as my S2’s. Would like a 594, but the neck carve keeps me away.

Might even reshape to the pattern regular carve when I get around to it. That would require a little fretwork though, due to the reduction of the width. PRS says they have done wide thin and pattern regular re-shapes in the past.

Back