Rare PRSi sighting

Huggy Love

Vintage member
So I'm down in San Jose running an errand and I decide to stop by one of the few independent music stores left in this world of big box distribution and online sales, The Guitar Showcase. A true relic of the old days when the Bay Area was a hotbed of popular acts, they've been in the biz for a long time and haven't changed much. God Bless em.

So I'm in the back area, the dark chamber where all the good amps (Mesa, PRS, etc) used PRSi and vintage Gibson archtops, and what do I place my eyes upon? .... not one... not two..... but three PRS with mondo craZY dragon inlays, you know, the ones that you would be afraid to play and would most likely display it in a roped off corner of your living room with a security guard on duty 24/7. I have no idea why they had three that fetch such a price (thousands & thousands!!!:eek:), and might even have a chance of never selling at all (IMHO), but I didn't have time to chat it up with the staff about them and took a few shots for you folks. (pics just OK, items were behind glass)

I've got GAS right now but it's a good thing I don't have a Santana fetish like Sergio.:rolleyes:

f5IsuOW.jpg

FAZmxbx.jpg

YXx9lh0.jpg

7gc66ip.jpg

WOW - my 'money no object' guitars just sitting there....

I would love adopt them, to be able to give them a home, give them a place to be loved and cherished....

I think one is a Dragon 3 from the inlay. Also the three Les Pauls all look like they are 1950s ones from what I can see. Plus a possible 50s Strat lurking in the background too. Looks like a really neat shop. Can't see any of them on the shop's website, which is a shame.

I think one is a Dragon 3 from the inlay. Also the three Les Pauls all look like they are 1950s ones from what I can see. Plus a possible 50s Strat lurking in the background too. Looks like a really neat shop. Can't see any of them on the shop's website, which is a shame.
Plus what looks to be a '57 Chevy in the background! Yes a really neat shop.

Cool! Dragon III (my fav version) and two Dragon 25th anniversary models. All killer and no filler :)

Back