Random song at practice?

Canadian band from the 70s. It's the only song of theirs I recognize. So no wonder you've never heard it.:)

Yeah, the only Canadian bands from the 70s I listen(ed) to are Rush, Triumph, April Wine, Moxy, BTO, Mahogany Rush, Pat Travers, and Gordon Lightfoot.

Man, that's more than I thought I could list! I could say Heart, since the sisters were American and the band was from Canada.

Yeah, the only Canadian bands from the 70s I listen(ed) to are Rush, Triumph, April Wine, Moxy, BTO, Mahogany Rush, Pat Travers, and Gordon Lightfoot.

Man, that's more than I thought I could list! I could say Heart, since the sisters were American and the band was from Canada.
Nicely done sir!

Nicely done sir!

Thanks! Man, that list brought back some memories! I'm road-tripping 4 hours (2 each way) to see a buddy I haven't seen since 1987. A lot of that music we listened to in the late 70s and early 80s. Fitting that you posted this today. I'm going to have to load up a bunch of "old" songs for the drive!

Thanks! Man, that list brought back some memories! I'm road-tripping 4 hours (2 each way) to see a buddy I haven't seen since 1987. A lot of that music we listened to in the late 70s and early 80s. Fitting that you posted this today. I'm going to have to load up a bunch of "old" songs for the drive!
Man, I love Spotify for that kind of thing! I did a road trip to Idaho last month and abused Spotify the whole way.
Have a great trip, where are you heading to?

;-) my lady thinks shes a music historian. Since I don't play out any longer, she really doesn't know what's left over in my head. Occasionally I pull a gem out of my...nethers....."Ring in his nose" Savoy Brown..."Oh, that's good, did you make that up.... Why of course dear. "Hey, Baby, que paso".. Oh that's cute.. Well I am mezkin after all dear.....

DANG!!!! Drop Moxy (never heard of) and Gordon Lightfoot (whom I liked but not in my wheelhouse) and you just named a whole bunch of my "playlist" back in the 70s and 80s!

DTR... Are you some kinda closet Canuck er sumpin'?

Seen Rush 21 times. Triumph at least 10. Literally wore out Pat Traverse Live "Go for what you know" as one of my "play along" albums. Saw April Wine their first big tour and then again a year later. Mahogany Rush was my favorite band for a while just before Van Halen came out and still Top 3 for years afterwards, with Rush and Van Halen. Always liked BTO.

All this, plus beautiful lakes with Pike, Musky and Walleye, Bob and Doug McKenzie... I LOVE Canada! ay?

I've always said, "I love the beaches of our southern neighbor and the music and lakes of our northern one!" (Ok, I just made that up. But it is true)

Seen Rush 21 times. Triumph at least 10. Literally wore out Pat Traverse Live "Go for what you know" as one of my "play along" albums. Saw April Wine their first big tour and then again a year later. Mahogany Rush was my favorite band for a while just before Van Halen came out and still Top 3 for years afterwards, with Rush and Van Halen. Always liked BTO.

All this, plus beautiful lakes with Pike, Musky and Walleye, Bob and Doug McKenzie... I LOVE Canada! ay?

I've always said, "I love the beaches of our southern neighbor and the music and lakes of our northern one!" (Ok, I just made that up. But it is true)
21 times?!!???
Holy crap, that's 17 more than me! How embarrassing!
Hey... too bad you can't see them 12 more times!
See what I did there?

p.s. Bob and Doug weren't in the lakes. That was like 2 separate things.

21 times?!!???
Holy crap, that's 17 more than me! How embarrassing!
Hey... too bad you can't see them 12 more times!
See what I did there?
Actually, that IS too bad. I'd love to see them 12 more time to make it an even 33.

I live between Cincinnati and Dayton and all the major bands used to come to each every year, so I'd see all the good ones 2 times every tour.

Back