Random. No more or less

Any weird dreams?
I have a recurring dream that I'm walking in a crowd in downtown Detroit, right by the skyscraper my grandfather and father had their company's office in. And I'll get really excited because I'll see my grandfather, who died in 1980, walking down the street.

But oddly enough he won't in one of his usual beautifully tailored suits. Instead, he'll be wearing rumpled powder blue pajamas, needing a shave. And he'll look a little...unwell.

Then I'll remember that he died, but we'll be glad to see each other. Usually I'll wake up kinda freaked out.

Another recurring dream is finding myself serving in a Scottish regiment of the British Army in World War I, marching toward the front lines at night, the cannons and howitzers lighting up the night sky in the distance, sounding like thunder, as our regiment's bagpipes do whatever it is that bagpipes do.

I'm never frightened, the Master Sergeant is kind of a comedian, and I wake up laughing.

I should. mention that sewn into our underpants are bean bag cushions that make sitting on the ground quite comfortable.

Sometimes I have a nightmare that I'm poor.

Then I wake up and find it wasn't a dream. :eek:

I have a recurring dream that I'm walking in a crowd in downtown Detroit, right by the skyscraper my grandfather and father had their company's office in. And I'll get really excited because I'll see my grandfather, who died in 1980, walking down the street.

But oddly enough he won't in one of his usual beautifully tailored suits. Instead, he'll be wearing rumpled powder blue pajamas, needing a shave. And he'll look a little...unwell.

Then I'll remember that he died, but we'll be glad to see each other. Usually I'll wake up kinda freaked out.

Another recurring dream is finding myself serving in a Scottish regiment of the British Army in World War I, marching toward the front lines at night, the cannons and howitzers lighting up the night sky in the distance, sounding like thunder, as our regiment's bagpipes do whatever it is that bagpipes do.

I'm never frightened, the Master Sergeant is kind of a comedian, and I wake up laughing.

I should. mention that sewn into our underpants are bean bag cushions that make sitting on the ground quite comfortable.

Sometimes I have a nightmare that I'm poor.

Then I wake up and find it wasn't a dream. :eek:
Wow....those are some wild dreams. I don't dream much anymore. I mean, I'm kinda happier honestly, most of them are stupid like the time I was driving through the Arizona desert in a Studebaker with Newt Gingrich and a honey badger, searching for the golden taqueria, but you know...who hasnt dreamt of that?

There are some I remember quite well though, and are pretty dark. When I was a child, maybe five, I had a dream where I found myself in a void. I couldn't see my body, nor could even tell if I had one. I felt nothing, I saw nothing except an endless void of darkness that seemed to stretch out in all directions seemingly forever. Time seemed to be meaningless in this place, I couldn't tell how much time passed, could have been hours, could have been years, all of them were the same. From out of the dark, a shape emerged: a human skull. It spoke to me...I don't know what it said, I was far too terrified to focus. I tried to run, but there was no movement, it was always there, and worst of it... it seemed to approach closer. Finally, it was so close, I couldnt tell anymore if it and I were the same being. Then I woke up. I surmised I had met Death, and just hoped I would never see it again. Never have, but I've always been creeped out by skulls since. There's your nightmare fuel for the day!

Wow....those are some wild dreams. I don't dream much anymore. I mean, I'm kinda happier honestly, most of them are stupid like the time I was driving through the Arizona desert in a Studebaker with Newt Gingrich and a honey badger, searching for the golden taqueria, but you know...who hasnt dreamt of that?
Hahahaha! That's a great one!
There are some I remember quite well though, and are pretty dark. When I was a child, maybe five, I had a dream where I found myself in a void. I couldn't see my body, nor could even tell if I had one. I felt nothing, I saw nothing except an endless void of darkness that seemed to stretch out in all directions seemingly forever. Time seemed to be meaningless in this place, I couldn't tell how much time passed, could have been hours, could have been years, all of them were the same. From out of the dark, a shape emerged: a human skull. It spoke to me...I don't know what it said, I was far too terrified to focus. I tried to run, but there was no movement, it was always there, and worst of it... it seemed to approach closer. Finally, it was so close, I couldnt tell anymore if it and I were the same being. Then I woke up. I surmised I had met Death, and just hoped I would never see it again. Never have, but I've always been creeped out by skulls since. There's your nightmare fuel for the day!
Looks like I need to change my avatar....!!!

HOCKEY GAME IS ON!

I haven’t watched a game forever. Leafs in the
playoffs. Who’d a thought?

I have hope!

You know we live in igloos! Lol
Lola, I'm a Leafs fan since 1962 when I could knowingly cheer for anybody but Montreal; probably before that but what does a pre-5 year old know anyway? Not that it matters much, we lost again...:( 'course I still cheer for the Oilers so hopefully they can keep the thrill alive tonight.
I haven't played the game for about 20 years now, but it was a part of me all through my youth and until I was a bit past 45. Then my knees and ankles were pretty much shot so I hung up the goalie gear. Had a good run for 35+ years though. Really enjoyed minor and then Junior and Intermediate/Senior competitive leagues out here in AB. My last competitive year I played over 100 games on 3 different teams in 3 separate leagues, missus wasn't all that thrilled...WTH is with that anyway?
That little VOX caught my eye, I almost bought one but the El Cheapo in me opted for the Spider Mini. And I loooooove the S2 McCarty! would about kill for a Thinline.
Just finished putting a coat of paint on the front of the 5th wheel, was looking a tad em, worn. Needs another but will wait til tomorrow. Herself and I went to the local greenhouse and got tomato plants for the deck containers, garden boxes are all planted and it's back into mowing season. No hockey games last night that really interested me so I hopped on the tractor and got that out of the way for a few days. She's off to visit her Mom shortly, who's a permanent hospital resident. Not much joy left in her life.
So hot and dry I may be hauling irrigation water. We're lucky, no close wildfire threats, but some of my friends have been pushed out of their homes for over a week now. And people still harp about not being able to ride their ATVs and off-road machines.

Back