Random. No more or less

I went to my MD’s clinic today. I walked in wearing a mask. I was told that as of yesterday, the mask requirement was over.

Having just gone through COVID because I let down my guard two weeks ago, I'd say it's still good to be careful. Wasn't a nice thing to have gone through. I'm still coughing and congested, too. Bah!

I was really surprised. I’ve been very cautious. I still try to maintain 6 feet. My doctor, with whom I have great respect, did say that masks have not been very effective.
I hate the masks. I have no idea where my wife picked it up, I caught it from her. She didn't test for a couple of days and thought it was a cold. I should've had her test and worn a mask. I didn't. My bad.

I need a hazmat suit for everyday life. Hahaha!

7 days into it, past the ache stage but still miserable, complete loss of taste/smell.
Got a little paranoid yesterday after feeling weak breathing, went to visit ER, vitals OK, sent home with an inhaler.

Hating:
-the isolation,
-having to watch TV (complete unredeeming dribble),
-being too weak to play PRS very long,
-not knowing what I'm eating or if it tastes like crap
- and how long this is dragging on.

Forgive my ranting:mad:, not happy.

Last edited:
7 days into it, past the ache stage but still miserable, complete loss of taste/smell.
Got a little paranoid yesterday after feeling weak breathing, went to visit ER, vitals OK, sent home with an inhaler.

Hating:
-the isolation,

survive! you know what i like for the covid is turner classic movies (george raft) and xbox race car games.

I hate the masks. I have no idea where my wife picked it up, I caught it from her. She didn't test for a couple of days and thought it was a cold. I should've had her test and worn a mask. I didn't. My bad.

Hating:
-the isolation,

I'm two weeks out, and still coughing, but it gets better by the day. The first week was pretty miserable here, too.

You don't have to watch TV. There are books. I read a few while isolating. But I never watch TV.

So here's something that might be fun for UK folks...

My son Jamie is close with the guys in the band The Academy Is, who reunited for a Chicago festival last summer and asked him to play guitar and sing backup in their band. I went to the show, there were 20,000 people at their venue, and it was absolutely fantastic. Great band, really good songs. Great audience, too.

I saw them here when Jamie's band opened for them around 2016-17, and was very impressed, but they were even better last summer.

Anyway, he's planning to join them for two shows in the UK, May 26 in London at The Dome, and the other in Hatfield May 27 at the Slam Dunk South festival.

Of course, he didn't mention this to me, my wife told me! I'm always the last to know!

So here's something that might be fun for UK folks...

My son Jamie is close with the guys in the band The Academy Is, who reunited for a Chicago festival last summer and asked him to play guitar and sing backup in their band. I went to the show, there were 20,000 people at their venue, and it was absolutely fantastic. Great band, really good songs. Great audience, too.

I saw them here when Jamie's band opened for them around 2016-17, and was very impressed, but they were even better last summer.

Anyway, he's planning to join them for two shows in the UK, May 26 in London at The Dome, and the other in Hatfield May 27 at the Slam Dunk South festival.

Of course, he didn't mention this to me, my wife told me! I'm always the last to know!
That's awesome, Les!

How about one of these????

Thank you! Each day is an improvement. I hope the same for you, you're a really fun and interesting person!

The joy you get from music is an inspiration to all of us.

Thank you for your very sweet and kind words. I needed to hear this now! Ramping up for my hubby’s surgery tomorrow morning.

You sound very positive which is such a good thing.❤️❤️

I can send you a really pretty bad a$$ black mask with some sparkly rhinestones on it if you would like. I can even spell your name with something sparkly lol

When I am in public I still wear a mask. I just do. Ppl have asked me why. I answer with “I just do”.

Apropos of my earlier post about my son playing with The Academy Is, they're playing Wrigley Field in Chicago in June. Fun! Wouldn't miss it.
Be proud, be very proud of your son! That’s the cat’s meow!

My son’s are very supportive but my husband isn’t.

Back