Random. No more or less

How's this for random? I couldn't find the Photo's Lets See Them thread, so I will post this here. I traded in the Mustang last Tuesday for a Dodge Charger SXT AWD V6. I needed something to get up and down the glacier during the winter, and the Stang just wasn't cutting it. So here is my new toy 'Frostbite'

lcMrOoI.jpg
I’ve been waiting for the status reveal.
Nice!

So much snow today.

I took a short trip and sold some books to reduce clutter. Didn't get much but bought Salman Rushdie's latest novel, Victory City. I know nothing about it.

Stopped at a Sam Ash to visit the acoustic room. Since parting with the Collings I've been thinking a less-expensive parlor would be a nice complement to my Martin 000-15. I tried several Taylors, a PRS Parlor (seemed to have been there a while from the strings), a couple Gibsons, an Epiphone 00 (sounded like an unplugged semi-hollow electric), and a couple Martins. I mostly stuck with low to mid-range guitars, but I had to try a J-45.

I don't know if my small sampling is indictive of the acoustic market as a whole, but my takeaway is, if in the market for an acoustic, find a used one. I'm thinking parting with the Collings may have been a mistake. Still have the Martin and access to my dad's beat up Gibson B-25, though.

I took a short trip and sold some books to reduce clutter. Didn't get much but bought Salman Rushdie's latest novel, Victory City. I know nothing about it.

Selling books is such a bad deal. I'd rather take my books and put them in one of the free little libraries around.

No lie - at one used store near here (and it's a chain), I saw a guy getting a price for some books he wanted to sell. The guy from the store said, "I can give you $5." The seller said, "For which ones?" The buyer said, "All of them." The seller said, "All of them? There's two boxes here!" That's when I knew I'd never sell mine there.

Selling books is such a bad deal. I'd rather take my books and put them in one of the free little libraries around.

No lie - at one used store near here (and it's a chain), I saw a guy getting a price for some books he wanted to sell. The guy from the store said, "I can give you $5." The seller said, "For which ones?" The buyer said, "All of them." The seller said, "All of them? There's two boxes here!" That's when I knew I'd never sell mine there.
I think I know what chain that is, as I once took some and had a similar quote. Didn't sell and took them home.

This was at a local independent shop that has a lot of rare books. I took some there to see what they'd offer, as I had a few first editions and advance copies. If I thought the offer was decent I'd planned on taking in more, but now I won't bother. I do have a fairly rare, special signed book they want to talk to me about when the owner returns, but after today I don't expect much.

So yeah, I was planning on donating to little free libraries and other services. I don't want to do that with more valuable ones, though. Well, maybe the ones I previously thought were valuable.

And as a teaser, a photo from the signed book:

nzqIXtZ.jpg

Mrs AR has had a similar experience here.

She got a quote for all of her Mum’s books (in excess of 200). They offered her 38p a book.

OK there’s nothing rare. Her Mum read Tom Clancy/Martina Cole etc. but that’s daylight robbery.

EDIT: Had a rough count today, make that more like 400-500 books!

Last edited:
Didn't want to start a new thread on this so
HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY all!
Missus bought me a new hat this year. The old one has been with my for decades now and it's a long standing tradition for me. But I guess she decided the beanie was getting old. News flash babe, so am I haha!

Saw Chuchito Valdez and His All-Star Cuban Quartet tonight, the first concert I've attended since the pandemic. It was all kinds of groovy. Good, fun, astoundingly beautiful playing. Instrumentation was piano, violin, bass (an electric upright), and drums.

Went through heavy snow to get there and scary roads to get home, but I'm very glad I went. Needed some live music and groove.

Laying down my studio monitors on listening to Darkside of the moon eating a huge piece of birthday cake with puppies drooling. Can’t sleep might as well eat. I have veritable smorgasbord in fridge. I have ice cream, heavenly Hash, Cheeseies, chip and orange for a healthy snack at least cut me back the oranges

Laying down my studio monitors on listening to Darkside of the moon eating a huge piece of birthday cake with puppies drooling. Can’t sleep might as well eat. I have veritable smorgasbord in fridge. I have ice cream, heavenly Hash, Cheeseies, chip and orange for a healthy snack at least cut me back the oranges
Whose birthday cake?

Introducing the man who will singing them Morphine blues in E b no less stanfkrdvnut drunk soundeding introducing the Wednesday! 6:30 am. I there will be a lot of idiots I think to know. Just can’t procrastinate
Me getting me up the early is the best yet. Just be quiet, beg a coffee. Take the dog out whilevhave my coffee.?

Sort of down and out and relaxing because I am having too much fun by myself!! Passing time I am painting with my dominant coroul with my dominant hand . Listen to who else by old school ACDC.

Introducing the man who will singing them Morphine blues in E b no less stanfkrdvnut drunk soundeding introducing the Wednesday! 6:30 am. I there will be a lot of idiots I think to know. Just can’t procrastinate
Me getting me up the early is the best yet. Just be quiet, beg a coffee. Take the dog out whilevhave my coffee.?
I'm confused... I mean, I read this last night and I was confused. I thought "well, it's late."

I'm still confused today. :D

Back