Random. No more or less

I was never in a band with a dude who used self tanning, but I was in a band once with a dude who used spray hair.

This reminds me of a story, Mrs AR and I were playing a gig on the same bill as The Drifters (well the UK version).

It was Ray Lewis and three English guys (very talented).

Ray and I played snooker together before the gig.

We went on and did our bit, as we came off the stage Mr Lewis, in his smooth US accent said:

“Wow man you have a really powerful voice.”

He was getting dressed, wearing a shirt/Jacket and and pop socks. The type that pull up to just underneath the knee. Very rock n roll (haha)

His ensemble was topped off with leather trousers and cow boy boots.

It was a fun night and Mr “Drifter” was sound.

I thought it was Texans

Long before he deservedly became persona non grata, Bill Cosby had a bit about how Europeans are generally considered smarter than Americans, in part because many of them can speak multiple languages. He said, "That doesn't impress me. For them, it's like a half hour drive to the next language. But I can speak Alabama. I can speak Houston..."

Long before he deservedly became persona non grata, Bill Cosby had a bit about how Europeans are generally considered smarter than Americans, in part because many of them can speak multiple languages. He said, "That doesn't impress me. For them, it's like a half hour drive to the next language. But I can speak Alabama. I can speak Houston..."
I remember that bit, might even have it on vinyl.

Last edited:
Man, I hate crunchy bananas
When I was but a wee lad, I once asked ol fictional Irish grandpappy how I will know when I had become a grown up. He said:

"son, if yer banana stays crunchy fer longer than four hours, thats when ya know yer a grown up".

God bless his heart.

Back