Random. No more or less

I am so psyched about tomorrow. I am chomping at the bit over this concert!! Excited doesn’t even begin to describe the mood I am in. Going Downtown which I love so much! It’s going to be hard to sleep tonight. I like to plan all the details so I am prepared.

That sounds like it should be a good show!

I got a taste of working event security tonight. Each August, one of my schools hosts a large event that uses an auditorium for a week and a half. Tonight was their closing ceremony. They had a team of four hired security guards, which more than they usually have.

The event draws about 1,500 people on the last night, most years. This year it had to have been over 2,000. The security guards walked off the job at 7:30 tonight, as the teenagers were being a bit too obnoxious. So one of my staff, two of the event volunteers, and I stepped in. What a delight. I locked up the doors and pushed about 100 people out of them. Fun stuff.

I remember a scene where June Cleaver said "That Eddie sure is an unusual boy" and Beaver replied "yeah, too bad he's such a creep."

Classic! Beav didn't get that his mom was "on to" Eddie, and was trying to nicely say so. He thought she was just making a general comment. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I just think that I have changed my mind about going to concerts. It was fun but the amount of ppl and the noise was deafening. I had some really big guy sitting beside me. We were touching each other unless I stood up. He was almost in my lap.

I did get my $ worth. The concert started at 4:30 and was finished at almost 11.

Joan 10/10 perfect and her guitar player was incredible

Poison 10/10 Bret Michaels was on fire as was his whole band

Def Leppard 7/10 see them 3 times before. Nothing new!

The biggest let down was Motley Crüe. It sounded like Vince had hit puberty. At one point I cringed because he was so OFF key. Some of the songs were correct in what I remember from the albums. Tommy Lee still has it. His drumming was superb. Nikki Six was amazing.

If ACDC or the tribute to EVH come along will be the only concerts I will see.

The heat outside made me miserable. The lineups to get in the venue. The bag checks. The lineups to get a cold drink.

It just didn’t have the same appeal as other concerts I have been to.

I might change my mind.

Joan Jett Fires Back at Ted Nugent – His Punishment Is Being Ted Nugent

Last edited:
I just think that I have changed my mind about going to concerts. It was fun but the amount of ppl and the noise was deafening. I had some really big guy sitting beside me. We were touching each other unless I stood up. He was almost in my lap.

I did get my $ worth. The concert started at 4:30 and was finished at almost 11.

Joan 10/10 perfect and her guitar player was incredible

Poison 10/10 Bret Michaels was on fire as was his whole band

Def Leppard 7/10 see them 3 times before. Nothing new!

The biggest let down was Motley Crüe. It sounded like Vince had hit puberty. At one point I cringed because he was so OFF key. Some of the songs were correct in what I remember from the albums. Tommy Lee still has it. His drumming was superb. Nikki Six was amazing.

If ACDC or the tribute to EVH come along will be the only concerts I will see.

The heat outside made me miserable. The lineups to get in the venue. The bag checks. The lineups to get a cold drink.

It just didn’t have the same appeal as other concerts I have been to.

I might change my mind.
so you didn’t get laid?

so you didn’t get laid?
My husband is a big guy and I love big guys but this guy was huge, stinky and sweaty. What lovely delight for the senses. Then they started drinking. Then it went from bad to worse.

There are some really nice human beings still inhabiting this planet. The crowds to get in were crazy. Two giant dudes were lining up for the same gate as I. I asked if I could stay with them because I am very petite. They could block the way. They said sure! So I stood between them until we got to the doors. Really nice guys.

Last edited:
My husband is a big guy and I love big guys but this guy was huge, stinky and sweaty. What lovely delight for the senses. Then they started drinking. Then it went from bad to worse.

There are some really nice human beings still inhabiting this planet. The crowds to get in were crazy. Two giant dudes were lining up for the same gate as I. I asked if I could stay with them because I am very petite. They could block the way. They said sure! So I stood between them until we got to the doors. Really nice guys.

close quarters give me the fear. last show i remember being at some doof spilled his drink down my date’s back.

i was just being glam about getting laid at a concert.

Last edited:
The two highlights of the night were Ricky Bird Joan’s lead guitarist. He performed flawlessly. I am not into shredding but this guy out performed every expectation I had of him.

And…..C C Deville Poison’s lead blew my mind. He is so diverse. They did a jam along song which highlighted his amazing talents. WOW!

It was well past midnight when I got home. I just had to pick up my guitar. All I could think about was Eddie VH. No one will ever play like him. I played Van Halen until almost 4 am. Such a supreme impact on my life and playing. No one will ever be able to compete for my affections of playing other then him. It’s amazing how someone can have such a profound impact on your playing and your life.

:eek::eek::eek:

And here I've been being a gentleman since you've been around.

:p
:p:p
You have been such a gentleman like the rest. Very kind and understanding. Ppl here are extraordinarily kind, compassionate and helpful. I couldn’t ask for anything more!

Such a happy camper to be here with like minded ppl. I am so happy I left the “other” place. Out the door with the garbage!

Dream theatre you have been so supportive of my questions and anything else my inquiring mind wanted to know about particular songs and I thank you!!

You have been such a gentleman like the rest. Very kind and understanding. Ppl here are extraordinarily kind, compassionate and helpful. I couldn’t ask for anything more!

Such a happy camper to be here with like minded ppl. I am so happy I left the “other” place. Out the door with the garbage!

Dream theatre you have been so supportive of my questions and anything else my inquiring mind wanted to know about particular songs and I thank you!!
Ok, when you put it like that, I guess I'll have to keep acting like a gentleman. :rolleyes:

( LOL!! I'm totally just kidding! )

Back