Random. No more or less

One of the videos I saw showed people leaning like that, but facing outward.
We did that too. It was called “Toes over Toronto”. You just step to edge facing forward and just let your body go.

Some of guys no offence were so afraid to do anything. But all woman were no fear. It was funny.

Trust me as soon as we started to ascend the tower with the glass bottom floor elevators I felt like I might not be able to go through with this. As soon as we got to the top and our gear was triple checked out we went. My fear just vanished. I had a blast. You get to see across to Buffalo. It must of rained there that day. A beautiful rainbow had formed across in the sky across the lake.

The view was just incredible.

It’s $225 CDN. Well worth it though. One off the bucket list! Lol

Need a plan for my next adventure. Lol

Last edited:
The summer of ‘68 (?) I saw two concerts at the Muncie Fairgrounds. The venue was a tiny building with fewer than 500 standing in the crowd. The first show was The Who with Keith Moon, and at the end, they destroyed EVERY piece of gear on stage. I specifically remember the “marshmellow“ Sunn amps that they ran their guitars through before pushing them over and off the stage. And if that wasn’t cool enough, the second show was……

Jimi Hendrix with Mitch Mitchell and Noel Redding, The Experience! And yes, Jimi played with his teeth, behind his back, and lit his guitar on fire. I was a 16 year-old kid standing a few feet from the legend. Ah, the 60s…..

Last edited:
The summer of ‘68 (?) I saw two concerts at the Muncie Fairgrounds. The venue was a tiny building with fewer than 500 standing in the crowd. The first show was The Who with Keith Moon, and at the end, they destroyed every piece of gear on stage. I specifically remember the “marshmellow“ Sunn amps that they ran their guitars through before pushing them over and off the stage. And if that wasn’t cool enough, the second show was……

Jimi Hendrix with Mitch Mitchell and Noel Redding, The Experience! And yes, Jimi played with his teeth, behind his back, and lit his guitar on fire. I was a 16 year-old kid standing a few feet from the legend. Ah, the 60s…..

I am so jealous of the Jimi show. I was born late ‘63 so I missed out on being at any of the late 60’s and early 70’s shows. ‘79 was my first show at 16.

We did that too. It was called “Toes over Toronto”. You just step to edge facing forward and just let your body go.

Some of guys no offence were so afraid to do anything. But all woman were no fear. It was funny.

Trust me as soon as we started to ascend the tower with the glass bottom floor elevators I felt like I might not be able to go through with this. As soon as we got to the top and our gear was triple checked out we went. My fear just vanished. I had a blast. You get to see across to Buffalo. It must of rained there that day. A beautiful rainbow had formed across in the sky across the lake.

The view was just incredible.

It’s $225 CDN. Well worth it though. One off the bucket list! Lol

Need a plan for my next adventure. Lol

I love the glass elevator! Somewhere I have a video (on VHS) of that whole ride from our first trip there. And I have a picture of me, my wife, and both kids laying on the glass floor so you can see down to the ground. That took a lot of work convincing my wife to do that - she didn't even want to walk across it.

She's gotten better - right before the pandemic, we finally took a trip to the Kinzua viaduct. It's an old railroad bridge across a valley that was partially destroyed by a tornado in 2003. They've turned a section that remains into a tourist destination. You can walk over the old railroad tracks, which is cool - you can see a little bit of the ground between them, and it makes for a slightly disorienting walk. There's a viewing platform at the end where you can see the towers that were destroyed. You can also walk down to the valley floor, but we didn't do that because of my wife's knees. They have a glass floor section on the viewing platform, and my wife wasn't nearly as hesitant there.

Kinzua10.png

The summer of ‘68 (?) I saw two concerts at the Muncie Fairgrounds. The venue was a tiny building with fewer than 500 standing in the crowd. The first show was The Who with Keith Moon, and at the end, they destroyed EVERY piece of gear on stage. I specifically remember the “marshmellow“ Sunn amps that they ran their guitars through before pushing them over and off the stage. And if that wasn’t cool enough, the second show was……

A1nYNISnPeL._CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7CA1UOajsbVWL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_UX342_.png

I have a really crazy story to tell you about VH.
August 18 1986. Get a coffee because this is quite the story. Actually will tell you later. I will never forget this moment in time! It is forever embedded in my brain.

Saw Jimi Hendrix Experience in Minneapolis Fall of 1968. Did everything except light his guitar on fire. As he did Purple Haze and sang that line about the sky, he walked over to Noel Redding and misquoted himself by singing "excuse me while I kiss this guy" and then kissed him on the cheek. Great sense of humor.

Perfect guess! That’s what I am.

I love being risky. If I die, I die. Idc!!
Speaking of risky...

My sister-in-law tripped on a rug - in her living room - and broke her right arm and her knee. Two weeks later, she got up to pee at night, tripped on a box, and broke her left arm. She's in two casts. Can't do a thing for herself. Let's not even ask why there was a box on the floor of her bedroom, because, obviously.

But hey, that was only July!

Yesterday evening, her husband fell while walking the freaking dog, and suffered a brain bleed and a broken shoulder. He's in the hospital, surgery scheduled for Monday.

So there's risk even in getting up to pee, walking in your living room, and taking the dog out to poop. You just never know.

I used to race cars on the track. One of my friends told me I was crazy. I said, well, at least everyone's going in the same direction, which you can't say about the streets. Have a good time in your endeavors!

Last edited:
According to the stats, the walk is 1168' AGL! I'd puke and pass out I think, not necessarily in that order. For reference, that's 168' higher than circuit (you all in the US call them patterns) altitude at an airport.
I've been to the top of the Sears Tower a couple different times. I'd have to look it up but based on how many floors it has, it should be taller than that. I didn't dangle off the side though. And I didn't have a cool paratrooper suit on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some random information I read yesterday:

In the 19th Century when beaver hats were all the rage, beaver fur was pressed into felt and cured with mercuric acid. This caused mercury poisoning in people who made hats.

One characteristic of mercury poisoning is mental illness. This is the origin of the phrase, "mad as a hatter'.

Today, we associate the words with the Alice in Wonderland character, the Mad Hatter. Most 21st Century people probably don't even know that 'hatter' was an actual occupation.

"There are still a few custom hatters around."

"Remnants of a bygone era, my friend. I, for one, miss the remnants of bygone eras."

"That's because you're a remnant of a bygone era yourself."

"No wonder I miss them."

Edit: It occurs to me that this post missed a lot of going crazy over beaver jokes. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Back