Random. No more or less

Has anyone seen the price of seats for Springsteen in Philly next year? O M G!
We had a chance to see Bruce 3 or 4 years ago In Cranbrook, but there was a mixup in our hotel reservations so we travelled on to another location for lodging. Tickets were extremely reasonable given that they were kind of poor seats. But we would have gone if the hotel wasn't such a bunch of dorkwads and refused to adjust our booking (they weren't full up either). Had never seen The Boss so that would have been a great night.
Dang Lola, to see Edgar and Johnny together would have been epic!

One concert I'll never forget was George Harrison with Ravi Shankar, early 1970s.

Ravi Shankar and his ensemble opened. They took the stage, and after the first couple of minutes, the audience broke into a huge round of applause and cheering.

"Thank you, but we were only tuning," said Ravi.

Here are my favorite concerts:

My son's band opening for 30 Seconds to Mars in Detroit.

My son's other band opening for The Academy Is, Detroit.

[Hey, he's my son, OK? Nothing's better than seeing your kid kick booty onstage. But I'm gonna say it: those bands were absolutely great.]

Bob Dylan, backed by The Band.

Aaron Copland, conducting Fanfare for the Common Man and Rodeo/Billy the Kid

John Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band.

David Bowie. The Cars were the opening act.

James Brown.

George Harriaon and Ravi Shankar

Clapton, with my son, when he was in high school, which made it SO much better

Jethro Tull

Cream

Wes Montgomery at Baker's Keyboard Lounge, Detroit, 1967

My band opening for Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen at a festival (and gosh were those guys good!)

Joni Mitchells' Miles of Aisles tour (with Robben Ford as her guitar player).

Last edited:
When Johnny and Edgar played together I wish I knew now what I know about playing then.

The crowd went absolutely mental when Edgar broke into Frankenstein.

Johnny was so brilliant I was young an didn’t fully appreciate his playing like I would of now.

I will never forget when he played Johnny be good. I think he was one of the top 5 slide players as well. A memory that I will always cherish. I bought some slides. They sure need some work.

Last edited:
Fender Mod Shop: pretty cool concept. I went in on a strat. Arrived today. Very sick. Probably best sub $2k strat I’ve ever received. Arrived like a PRS with the bridge perfectly floated and in tune. I honestly didn’t even think a fender could stay in tune when shipping.

This is the CN Tower Edge Walk! I loved it. Want to do it again. Either that or sky diving.

Nice! I've wanted to do that since I first saw a video about it (complete w/airplanes flying below the people walking). I love CN Tower.

And I've gone skydiving. Very cool experience. Oddly, I don't remember any sensation of falling (like you feel on a rollercoaster). I did find out how extensive my vocabulary was in the few seconds between when I let go of the plane and the chute opened.

This is the CN Tower Edge Walk! I loved it. Want to do it again. Either that or sky diving.
You got more guts than me Lola! I was up in the Tower a few years ago and got weak in the knees. I can be flying an airplane at 12,000' AGL (or be in an airliner at ~40,000') and have no issues at all, but that scares the crap outa me.
alantig, I'll fly the plane, you jump out! :D

According to the stats, the walk is 1168' AGL! I'd puke and pass out I think, not necessarily in that order. For reference, that's 168' higher than circuit (you all in the US call them patterns) altitude at an airport.

Back