Random. No more or less

My husband is pissed big time. He just found out I spent $300 on concert tickets. He can kiss my you know what! Lol
I think of it this way...

How many great concerts will one have the opportunity to see during the remainder of one's life?

Of course, no one knows. There won't always be good times. Any evening could be your last. But even if you live to be 97, like my mother did, you'll remember the great times you've had. You might even recall them with satisfaction when you aren't strong or well enough to have those same kinds of times down the road.

The clock's ticking.

Of course you know this, because you bought the tix.

But your husband might need a reminder. ;)

That’s not much for concert tickets these days.
It’s 5 hrs long or so they say. Poison, Joan Jett, Def leppard and Motley Crüe. It’s starts at 4.

I say to my hubby, in one ear and out the other. I haven’t seen Poison or Joan Jett.

He should have learned by now for heavens sake. If I say I am doing something I always follow through especially for a concert. Thank you OCD. In this case it’s a blessing.

I am just glad that we can actually go to a concert, and who knows when that will all get shut down again! In the immortal words of Elvis (as written by Aaron Schroeder / Wally Gold and modified by me):

It's now or never
Concert tonight
Rock and roll on stage
It sounds so right
Tomorrow will be too late
It's now or never
Concerts won't wait

Lets see....Mustang Sally, Freebird, Stairway, Bat Out Of Hell, I Will Always Love You, Crazy... ahhh hell my entire Karaoke Collection (3000+ songs) i hate them all. I got so sick of hearing them getting butchered by the drunks. And, hearing them sung really well over and over and over again. I am so glad i sold that entire set up to my Sister In Law.

I'm going to see the Martin Barre band on Monday night. He's doing Aqualung with the original drummer.
Lord only knows when you'd get another chance at that.
And... He's a PRS guy now!
Nice! Would be cool to see him live. Last major concert I went to was Robin Trower. Tix were only $50, and the venue was only like 500 people. He might not come this way again.

Nice! Would be cool to see him live. Last major concert I went to was Robin Trower. Tix were only $50, and the venue was only like 500 people. He might not come this way again.

My buddy and I had tix to see Trower, but the pandemic caused two postponements and ultimately a cancellation. I still hope to see him again. My buddy had tix for Frank Marino. Originally, I couldnt go because it was going to be Experience PRS weekend. Ultimately, Marino had health issues and had to retire from touring and the show was cancelled. It’s like my buddy and I say - who knows how long these guys can keep going, or how long we can keep going? See ‘em while you can!

My buddy and I had tix to see Trower, but the pandemic caused two postponements and ultimately a cancellation. I still hope to see him again. My buddy had tix for Frank Marino. Originally, I couldnt go because it was going to be Experience PRS weekend. Ultimately, Marino had health issues and had to retire from touring and the show was cancelled. It’s like my buddy and I say - who knows how long these guys can keep going, or how long we can keep going? See ‘em while you can!
That would kill me if I had both Trower and Marino tickets and both got cancelled for good. Point blank, two of my favorite players ever, and I’ve never seen either. :(

My husband is pissed big time. He just found out I spent $300 on concert tickets. He can kiss my you know what! Lol
Lola, we just dropped $400 on tickets for The Eagles in September...and gladly so. This will be (I think) the 7th time we've seen them live and turned down two others due to what I thought was excessive cost; once in Edmonton several years back and once when we were in Dallas in 2020 just prior to the COVID lockdowns. Amazing what time and current attitudes will do to alter your perspective on things.

But that isn't the real news in this post, I just said damn the torpedoes and booked another track day at RMM (the same track I was at a couple weeks back). You know how it is when you figure "what the heck" and spend a bit of coin frivolously when you know there's other pressing things coming down the pipe but you say life is short and you just do it.

But that also isn't the real reason for this post. A couple days ago I made mention to the Guitar Gods (colorful expletives etc) to please listen to my pleas. I just had a phone call from my friend Tim at Long & McQuade. You heard it here first: there's a NGD about to happen. Just have to figure out timing for a trip into the big smoke and there will be pictures forthcoming. The long gestation period is over and the baby has arrived. If I didn't have a commitment tonight I'd be driving right now. Looks like Saturday afternoon will work, and I'll have Saturday night and all day Sunday (herself is gone until Sunday evening) to get to know my new love intimately. Yeah, I pinched myself, I'm not dreaming...OK, yeah I am daydreaming a bit now.:D:D:D

That would kill me if I had both Trower and Marino tickets and both got cancelled for good. Point blank, two of my favorite players ever, and I’ve never seen either. :(

The first time I saw Trower was five or six or seven years ago. I wasn't a big fan, but my buddy is, so I got tix and we went (we've both gone to concerts for people we're not so familiar with, both to introduce the other to new acts, and for me, it helped keep his crazy ex away - she didn't bother him when I was there). I was mesmerized the whole time. The show flew by, and it was fabulous. Fortunately, last I heard, Trower hasn't pulled the plug for good. He said a friend had gotten Covid and died while on tour, and they took all the precautions Trower had planned to take, and he felt it wasn't worth risking anyone's life. He cancelled because it was too expensive and too much of a hassle to keep rebooking. So, fingers crossed, he'll be back on the road and I'll be there again.

I've gotten more into Marino since the aborted concert attempt, but I can't complain about a guy with health issues. Rumor is he has shoulder issues, but there hasn't been official confirmation.

I also lost a Cheech & Chong show to the pandemic, and currently have an Appice brothers show that was postponed but never rescheduled. Funny thing is, Carmine played the same club after the postponement with Vanilla Fudge (that show had already been booked).

I'm going to see the Martin Barre band on Monday night. He's doing Aqualung with the original drummer.
Lord only knows when you'd get another chance at that.
And... He's a PRS guy now!
I saw Jethro Tull back in the day for their Thick As a Brick and Passion Play tours. Of all the concerts I've ever attended, these two shows are both at the top of the list. Both times I walked away thinking "how is it possible for a band to sound that good live?"
They no doubt set an exceedingly high bar for themselves and lived up to it.

They were beyond amazingly great.

The first time I saw Trower was five or six or seven years ago. I wasn't a big fan, but my buddy is, so I got tix and we went (we've both gone to concerts for people we're not so familiar with, both to introduce the other to new acts, and for me, it helped keep his crazy ex away - she didn't bother him when I was there). I was mesmerized the whole time. The show flew by, and it was fabulous. Fortunately, last I heard, Trower hasn't pulled the plug for good. He said a friend had gotten Covid and died while on tour, and they took all the precautions Trower had planned to take, and he felt it wasn't worth risking anyone's life. He cancelled because it was too expensive and too much of a hassle to keep rebooking. So, fingers crossed, he'll be back on the road and I'll be there again.

I would love to see him once again. I know he's getting up there in years, hopefully touring isnt so rough anymore. Anywho, one thing that shocked me about Trower when I saw him is his command of the guitar. Not a bum note all night, just fantastic, smooth control. The tone was gorgeous. That woody tone he has is something I've never been able to replicate. We all think of Bridge of Sighs, but Extermination Blues has such a woody, nasty, roomy tone...one of my favorite recorded guitar tones ever.

I've gotten more into Marino since the aborted concert attempt, but I can't complain about a guy with health issues. Rumor is he has shoulder issues, but there hasn't been official confirmation.

I also lost a Cheech & Chong show to the pandemic, and currently have an Appice brothers show that was postponed but never rescheduled. Funny thing is, Carmine played the same club after the postponement with Vanilla Fudge (that show had already been booked).
Trower came to Cincinnati regularly, back in the day. And he ALWAYS came when I had something else going on. One time a basketball game, 2 times softball tournament, one time we were at state softball tournament, 2 times during high school football playoffs while my nephews played, etc. I had plenty of chances, but always had something else going on.

Marino was one of my original guitar hero's that made me want to play guitar, and before Van Halen came long, definitely had the most influence on my style and playing.

I saw Jethro Tull back in the day for their Thick As a Brick and Passion Play tours. Of all the concerts I've ever attended, these two shows are both at the top of the list. Both times I walked away thinking "how is it possible for a band to sound that good live?"
They no doubt set an exceedingly high bar for themselves and lived up to it.

They were beyond amazingly great.
I saw those tours as well.

I couldn't BELIEVE how good Tull was live. A great band for the ages.

Or is that the aged? ;).

I've had the honor of seeing some wonderful bands over the years, but I'll never forget those Tull shows.

Last edited:
Here's my claim to fame:

I formed a session band for work I wrote two summers in a row with Elton John's drummer, and Ringo Starr's All Stars' and Wishbone Ash's guitarist, for a bunch of ads. They were so good it was embarrassing to play with them, but of course I didn't let that stop me.

We recorded in Paris and Amsterdam.

So for a few weeks in the '90s I was part of a world-class, no-sh!t-Dick-Tracy, band. I've put together other session bands and ensembles over the years for projects, but never one as good as that one.

I cannot begin to tell you how much fun that was. OK, I can begin to tell you, but you won't understand.

You all want my autograph now, right? Even I want my autograph, and I know me very well, but I don't want to embarrass myself by asking for it! ;)

Here's my claim to fame:

I formed a session band for work I wrote two summers in a row with Elton John's drummer, and Ringo Starr's All Stars' and Wishbone Ash's guitarist, for a bunch of ads. They were so good it was embarrassing to play with them, but of course I didn't let that stop me.

We recorded in Paris and Amsterdam.

So for a few weeks in the '90s I was part of a world-class, no-sh!t-Dick-Tracy, band. I've put together other session bands and ensembles over the years for projects, but never one as good as that one.

I cannot begin to tell you how much fun that was. OK, I can begin to tell you, but you won't understand.

You all want my autograph now, right? Even I want my autograph, and I know me very well, but I don't want to embarrass myself by asking for it! ;)
I'd understand. I've run the movie in my head numerous times.

Back