Random. No more or less

I find that when I do win an argument with my wife that somehow I lose big at some point shortly down the road…….weird how that works….
My husband is a part of Mensa. He has a very high IQ which makes him think he superior when it comes to arguing or anything for that matter. He met his adversarial match a long time ago. He also has 0 tolerance for mistakes and NO patience.

Anything you can do I can do better. We are incredibly competitive. Most of the times it fun but there has been the odd time where it is has been anything but.

Last edited:
It was actually a Wilson Pickett tune.

Everyone has their likes and dislikes.

Hey, I'm from Motown. Wilson Pickett was a freaking legend for those of us who found '60s soul music inspiring. Soul music is one of the foundational building blocks that makes popular music groove.

On the other hand, here's my idea of hell:

Forget about the lake of fire and the sulphur and the heat, that's kid stuff, it's not happening. When I get to hell I will be forced to listen to Eruption and other deedly-deedly over-the-top arena rock for eternity.

"Les, you don't believe in supernatural beings or cruel and unusual punishments. You don't even think hell exists."

"I don't. It was a rhetorical point. Hell is actually being in a car with me on a long drive while I make pedantic, rhetorical points."

"That's why you're going to the actual, supernatural hell."

"Can I take my accordion? Because I'd like to drive you nuts with it."
Good news! I’m pretty sure hell will hand out accordions and bagpipes at the door upon arrival.:p

My husband is a part of Mensa. He has a very high IQ which makes him think he superior when it comes to arguing or anything for that matter. He met his adversarial match a long time ago. He also has 0 tolerance for mistakes and NO patience.

Anything you can do I can do better. We are incredibly competitive. Most of the times it fun but there has been the odd time where it is has been anything but.
Yikes! You must have the patience of a saint. I've known cats like that...I don't know em anymore though. Lol

I’m not sure what my IQ is but, I’ve always had a knack for arguing/debating/negotiating my way to victory. So much so, I earned the nickname “The Counselor” way back in high school and it stuck.

I’ve always loved “convincing” people that my way was the best way. Completely wasted my talent for the most part. But it still comes in handy with the Ginger Goddess when she decides to break bad on me. On the flip side, getting older has made me far more mellow these days. So I tend to choose my battles much more carefully.

On the flip side, getting older has made me far more mellow these days. So I tend to choose my battles much more carefully.
Me too. I always ask myself is this really worth it? My son has recently son nicknamed me “The Pitbull” when it comes to debating or arguing my point. It’s because I am relentless once I am on to something.

If I know I am absolutely 100% correct about something then the gloves come off. Lol

Last edited:
I’m not sure what my IQ is but, I’ve always had a knack for arguing/debating/negotiating my way to victory. So much so, I earned the nickname “The Counselor” way back in high school and it stuck.

I’ve always loved “convincing” people that my way was the best way. Completely wasted my talent for the most part. But it still comes in handy with the Ginger Goddess when she decides to break bad on me. On the flip side, getting older has made me far more mellow these days. So I tend to choose my battles much more carefully.
I used to debate alot back in college. These days I sorta enjoy debating cats like flat feathers because...well, I guess I like punishing myself. In all seriousness, I kinda always felt bad to see people get wrapped into fringe cult-like mentalities all because they don't want to learn anything different. I guess after seeing family members break that way too often, one feels a moral obligation.

I used to debate alot back in college. These days I sorta enjoy debating cats like flat feathers because...well, I guess I like punishing myself. In all seriousness, I kinda always felt bad to see people get wrapped into fringe cult-like mentalities all because they don't want to learn anything different. I guess after seeing family members break that way too often, one feels a moral obligation.
Pray tell, what are “flat feathers”?

Once again…My People!

“Guarded Ignorance” is one of my pet peeves. Drives me insane!

I moved to a REALLY small town. I have almost no interaction with anyone that lives here. I’m weird but the few I’ve tried to get to know, have quickly turned me off. I’m by no means superior to anyone. But man…am I different!

Last edited:
Once again…My People!

“Guarded Ignorance” is one of my pet peeves. Drives me insane!

I moved to a REALLY small town. I have almost no interaction with anyone that lives here. I’m weird but the few I’ve tried to get to know, have quickly turned me off. I’m by no means superior to anyone. But man…am I different!

Indeed you are my brother and I love you for it.

I am the proverbial “wild child”. I love taking risks (not overly dangerous) I will do stuff that most normal ppl don’t do. I like to be crazy and adventurous. Reminds me I did find my Edge walk picture off the CN tower. Will post later. Honestly I am not a June Clever beavers mother. Too boring. I like to get my hands dirty.

I am the proverbial “wild child”. I love taking risks (not overly dangerous) I will do stuff that most normal ppl don’t do. I like to be crazy and adventurous. Reminds me I did find my Edge walk picture off the CN tower. Will post later. Honestly I am not a June Clever beavers mother. Too boring. I like to get my hands dirty.
Fascinating. I'm kinda the opposite. I tend to be sorta introverted and in my opinion incredibly mind numbingly boring. I tend to do my risk taking on guitar. Its an outlet I suppose for that aspect.

I work with a guy like that. Ask him a simple question and I get a 20 minute lecture and white board drawing. “Dude, I’m 20 years your senior, I don’t need a lesson in HVAC supply chain logistics, I asked if you’ve had this vendor on your projects” …hmmm, wonder why he’s been twice divorced in ten years .

My husband can be a windbag. He can talk your ear off if you let him. My husband the dear hubby has taught me a lot of cool things. How to change my own oil, tire pressure etc learned a lot about tools as well as electrical tools and how to use them properly. I love it because I can be more independent.

Last edited:
My husband can be a windbag. He can talk your ear off if you let him.
Then I guess you are lucky you still have two ears, or are you? I am consistently viewed as a windbag myself, but I love accuracy and a thorough coverage of topics, which often requires more wind than most want ;~))

Back