Random. No more or less

Gonna be 23c here today, which I appreciate is winter where @ScottR lives, but in Scotland that’s summer and a good one.
For real!? LUCKY!! 38c (100f) with 43c (109f) heat indices this week. The worst part is…It’ll be until around late October-early November before we’ll see 90f or lower.

I’ve lived here all my life and you never get used to it. But hey, at least I can say I have never had to shovel snow before I can leave my driveway. So there’s that. Meanwhile, I’ll just be sitting around the house with the A/C kicking, playing guitar in my underwear until late October early November…so there is also that. Ahhh living’ the dream!

P. S. Try getting that visual outta your head.:oops:

Last edited:
For real!? LUCKY!! 38c (100f) with 43c (109f) heat indices this week. The worst part is…It’ll be like this until around late October-early November until we’ll see 90f or lower.

I’ve lived here all my life and you never get used to it. But hey, at least I can say I have never had to shovel snow before I can leave my driveway. So there’s that. Meanwhile, I’ll just be sitting around the house with the A/C kicking, playing guitar in my underwear until late October early November…so there is also that. Ahhh living’ the dream!

My eyes, my eyes!!

Was out on track at another race school yesterday with the Flying Pig. Light drizzle early/mid morning so that slowed things a bit for the guys running slicks, but us on DOT's were grand. Happened early enough in the day to keep speeds in check a bit and let the classroom discussions sink in. Was more than a tad rusty and it showed. By noon, things were perking pretty well and come afternoon pretty well all of us were kicking it pretty hard. We did some practice launches followed by some group race laps and that was an absolute blast. I finally nailed down the right rpm for getting off the line and into the first corner in decent position, even from the back of the grid. Front wheel got "light" but stayed on the pavement so no drama in the pack. By the final session the group thinned out a bit and the track was more open and I had 6 really clean fast laps (for an auld fart) so hopefully my camera angel captured some of it. If it turns out half of what I hope I'll have some to post in a couple days. Have another major outing end of this month and first couple days in July that should be some real good riding on a brand new upscale road course just north of Calgary.
While I'm there, I have another gig booked with my photo gal pal. She tells me that should be total epic stuff and so I'm really looking forward to it. She has a secluded "scenic" spot picked out for the shoot so I'm pretty stoked about it. Not really dropping a spoiler but it does involve one PRS (hopefully 2 if my new baby finally gets here), a natural mountain backdrop and yours truly... (OK, two out of three beautiful sights ain't bad)

For real!? LUCKY!! 38c (100f) with 43c (109f) heat indices this week. The worst part is…It’ll be like this until around late October-early November before we’ll see 90f or lower.

keep-calm-and-go-commando.png

94 here today.

It's gorgeous out, blue sky, sunshine - my kind of day, and rare in Michigan - but too hot my for usual two mile walk (according to my cardiologist).

Bah.

Your cardiologist sounds nicer than my wife. We're getting up to around 90 degrees today (maybe a bit more).

She said, "Why don't you go for a run after work?"

"Uh, it's kind of hot."

"What's that have to do with it?"

"They're saying the heat can be dangerous. Especially for physical activity. And I don't run. Doesn't seem like a good time to start."

"You'll never know if those clauses in the will are enforceable if you stay alive."

"Well, I'm thinking of the rest of you. I don't want you to have to attend my funeral in this kind of heat."

"I thought you wanted to be cremated."

"I did, but I wanted to go to the afterlife in wooden shoes, and you can't be cremated in wooden shoes."

"Why can't you be cremated in wooden shoes?"

"They clog."

Last edited:
Gonna be 23c here today, which I appreciate is winter where @ScottR lives, but in Scotland that’s summer and a good one.

For real!? LUCKY!! 38c (100f) with 43c (109f) heat indices this week. The worst part is…It’ll be like this until around late October-early November before we’ll see 90f or lower.

I'm with ya, Scott. At least for a few days! It is 97F right now, with a real feel of 107F. Better than last week when there was humidity. We were at 99F with real feel of 112F. Brutal. Reminded me of being in Houston.

I'm with ya, Scott. At least for a few days! It is 97F right now, with a real feel of 107F. Better than last week when there was humidity. We were at 99F with real feel of 112F. Brutal. Reminded me of being in Houston.
Dude that blows! It’s sooo oppressive especially with the humidity! Imma go ahead and call bull$**** on summer.:mad:

Your cardiologist sounds nicer than my wife. We're getting up to around 90 degrees today (maybe a bit more).

She said, "Why don't you go for a run after work?"

"Uh, it's kind of hot."

"What's that have to do with it?"

"They're saying the heat can be dangerous. Especially for physical activity. And I don't run. Doesn't seem like a good time to start."

"You'll never know if those clauses in the will are enforceable if you stay alive."

"Well, I'm thinking of the rest of you. I don't want you to have to attend my funeral in this kind of heat."

"I thought you wanted to be cremated."

"I did, but I wanted to go to the afterlife in wooden shoes, and you can't be cremated in wooden shoes."

"Why can't you be cremated in wooden shoes?"

"They clog."
I used to run in this kind of heat when I was one of All The Young Dudes, but when I had heart surgery, they said:

"No more snow shoveling ever again."

"I never shovel snow," I replied. "I have people who do that."

"OK," said the physician's assistant. "Also, no exercising when it's over 85 degrees F."

"I dunno about that one," said I. "Pretty sure I'll be doing hard labor in Hell."

"No worries," she said. "This is Michigan. It's just like Hell, for the most part. So you're already acclimated."

I can guarantee you that a dry 107F feels relatively better than a humid "real feel" 107F. Both feel oppressive by any standard.

I could deal with year round Fall
September - November is my favorite time of the year.

"Because it's college football season, you dummy."

"Well, more like because I can be in the stadium and not swelter or freeze my balls off. But I get your point."

"You're too old to be thinking about your balls."

"Maybe that's why football is a thing for me?" :cool:

September - November is my favorite time of the year.

"Because it's college football season, you dummy."

"Well, more like because I can be in the stadium and not swelter or freeze my balls off. But I get your point."

"You're too old to be thinking about your balls."

"Maybe that's why football is a thing for me?" :cool:
Nothing like autumn in the Big House.

For real!? LUCKY!! 38c (100f) with 43c (109f) heat indices this week.

Meanwhile, I’ll just be sitting around the house with the A/C kicking, playing guitar in my underwear until late October early November…so there is also that. Ahhh living’ the dream!

This is so funny. Guitar in your underwear! That’s okay though. All the men in my family do the same. My youngest sits in his lounge chair and plays video games in his underwear all day long. My hubby watches tv like that. Lmao!

This is so funny. Guitar in your underwear! That’s okay though. All the men in my family do the same. My youngest sits in his lounge chair and plays video games in his underwear all day long. My hubby watches tv like that. Lmao!
Good thing you don't see what happens when your NOT home!!!!

Back