Random. No more or less

Made a grilled cheese a new way!

I don’t do dairy so I spread vegan mayo as you would butter on the outer sides of the bread and then put it in the fry pan as you normally would.
Delicious and healthier.
Some coat a steak in mayo and pan fry. I tried it once and it worked well. It's mostly just emulsified oil anyway.
I make my own garlic mayo with organic canola.

I want recipe ;~)) Garlic is my middle name when I am in the kitchen!! And I've been to the clinic on Mayo!!!
OK... here ya go...

1 cup oil. You can use whatever you want but I wanted to be rid of bad oils so I went with organic canola.
1 whole egg
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon of white vinegar
1 teaspoon of yellow mustard
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Put whole egg in a tall vessel that'll take your stick blender
Add oil.
Add garlic
Add mustard
Add salt and pepper

Take the stick blender and place it over the egg at the bottom of the oil. Blend on high for 10 seconds or so and you will see the emulsification taking place.
Move the blender slowly up and down/around in the vessel for 30 or so seconds until you see/feel that the ingredients are well mixed. It should look very much complete already.
Add the lemon juice and vinegar. Blend for another 15 seconds or so.
Use a spatula to fill a jam type jar with results. I use a 250ml jam jar.
Of course the amount of garlic/salt/pepper can be variable/according to taste. The above is just a starting point.

Stuff you'll need:

OK... here ya go...

1 cup oil. You can use whatever you want but I wanted to be rid of bad oils so I went with organic canola.
1 whole egg
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon of white vinegar
1 teaspoon of yellow mustard
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Put whole egg in a tall vessel that'll take your stick blender
Add oil.
Add garlic
Add mustard
Add salt and pepper

Take the stick blender and place it over the egg at the bottom of the oil. Blend on high for 10 seconds or so and you will see the emulsification taking place.
Move the blender slowly up and down/around in the vessel for 30 or so seconds until you see/feel that the ingredients are well mixed. It should look very much complete already.
Add the lemon juice and vinegar. Blend for another 15 seconds or so.
Use a spatula to fill a jam type jar with results. I use a 250ml jam jar.
Of course the amount of garlic/salt/pepper can be variable/according to taste. The above is just a starting point.

Stuff you'll need:

Woo hooo! Thanks Dave!! Looking forward to giving that a try, I will let you know the results!!! Of course, I will believe mine is the best ever because it will be made from my laying hens egss ;~)) Hopefully I will have my garden up and running by end of year so I can supply my own garlic! Have my own lemons as well so I got that goin' for me, which is nice!!

I really appreciate you sharing this!

Woo hooo! Thanks Dave!! Looking forward to giving that a try, I will let you know the results!!! Of course, I will believe mine is the best ever because it will be made from my laying hens egss ;~)) Hopefully I will have my garden up and running by end of year so I can supply my own garlic! Have my own lemons as well so I got that goin' for me, which is nice!!

Glad to hear you'll try it!
I'd say this will last max 10-14 days in the fridge.
Gotta be careful with raw egg.:)

***EDIT*** To say some people pasteurize eggs first***
I've found it unnecessary.

Last edited:

The natural egg, garlic and lemon will be killer!

Made a grilled cheese a new way!

I don’t do dairy so I spread vegan mayo as you would butter on the outer sides of the bread and then put it in the fry pan as you normally would.
Delicious and healthier.
See we make grilled cheese, under the grill. I toast the bread on one side, turn over, no butter, grate cheese on un-toasted side, a little fresh ground pepper and grill until the cheese is bubbling.

Not suitable for vegan/vegetarians, I put some spicy chorizo under the cheese the other day, very naughty!

See we make grilled cheese, under the grill. I toast the bread on one side, turn over, no butter, grate cheese on un-toasted side, a little fresh ground pepper and grill until the cheese is bubbling.

Not suitable for vegan/vegetarians, I put some spicy chorizo under the cheese the other day, very naughty!
Chorizo! YUM!

I don't cook. But I do eat. Hey, every chef needs an audience, right? You cook, we eat. I appreciate good cooking, and thank you.

On the other hand, I have a good recipe for a dry martini that's my own version of the one in the Cocktail Codex.

Ingredients:

2 jiggers Monkey 47 Gin - don't screw around, use really good gin!
1/4 jigger Dolin Dry Vermouth
2 dashes (not drops, dashes, don't be shy) Bittermen Hellfire bitters (a bit spicy, but WTF)
2 extra'large Spanish olives, with the olive juice allowed to drain unless you really, really want that 'dirty martini' thing which, in my opinion, screws up the drink
Chilled martini glass (Nick and Nora recommended, but any will do), I stick mine in the freezer to chill it
Ice cubes

Stir (do not shake, it bruises the gin, so to hell with James Bond) and that ice, vermouth, gin and bitters with large cubes of ice until frost forms on the outside of the shaker. Strain into the martini glass. Put the olives on a long bar toothpick and stick 'em in the glass with the martini.

Note: Bitters are key to a good martini. Do not omit this crucial step.

Second note: A martini is a mixed drink, not a couple of shots of gin (or heaven forbid, vodka). The idea of pouring out all the vermouth and just stirring in the gin is stupid. Seriously. Include the vermouth or it ain't a martini. And...the martini is, as far as I'm concerned, a gin drink, not a vodka drink. The botanicals in gin matter. Good gin is key. Skip the vodka.

Enjoy a real-deal martini.

There ya go.

Yes, gin-bruising from shaking is real; it affects how the botanicals evaporate for some reason, and shaking results in a more gain-alcohol taste. IMHO this is one reason why most people shy away from gin martinis, much to their loss. James Bond was a fictional character, and while he was a pretty decent writer except for regrettable phrases like, 'Bondian moon rocket', Ian Fleming was a bad martini maker no doubt. OK, he was a crappy writer, but a good storyteller. Plus he worked for British intelligence in WWII and his character was semi-based on an actual guy from Central Europe, not England. In any case, don't buy into 'shaken, not stirred'.

Last edited:
I don't cook. But I do eat. Hey, every chef needs an audience, right? You cook, we eat. I appreciate good cooking, and thank you.

On the other hand, I have a good recipe for a dry martini that's my own version of the one in the Cocktail Codex.

Ingredients:

2 jiggers Monkey 47 Gin - don't screw around, use really good gin!
1/4 jigger Dolin Dry Vermouth
2 dashes (not drops, dashes, don't be shy) Bittermen Hellfire bitters (a bit spicy, but WTF)
2 extra'large Spanish olives, with the olive juice allowed to drain unless you really, really want that 'dirty martini' thing which, in my opinion, screws up the drink
Chilled martini glass (Nick and Nora recommended, but any will do), I stick mine in the freezer ti chill it
Ice cubes

Stir (do not shake, it bruises the gin, so to hell with James Bond) and that ice, vermouth, gin and bitters with large cubes of ice until frost forms on the outside of the shaker. Strain into the martini glass. Put the olives on a long bar toothpick and stick 'em in the glass with the martini.

Note: Bitters are key to a good martini. Do not omit this crucial step.

Second note: A martini is a mixed drink, not a couple of shots of gin (or heaven forbid, vodka). The idea of pouring out all the vermouth and just stirring in the gin is stupid. Seriously. Include the vermouth or it ain't a martini. And...the martini is, as far as I'm concerned, a gin drink, not a vodka drink. The botanicals in gin matter. Good gin is key. Skip the vodka.

Enjoy a real-deal martini.

There ya go.

Yes, gin-bruising from shaking is real; it affects how the botanicals evaporate for some reason, and shaking results in a more gain-alcohol taste. IMHO this is one reason why most people shy away from gin martinis, much to their loss. James Bond was a fictional character, and while he was a pretty decent writer except for regrettable phrases like, 'Bondian moon rocket', Ian Fleming was a bad martini maker no doubt. OK, he was a crappy writer, but a good storyteller. Plus he worked for British intelligence in WWII and his character was semi-based on an actual guy from Central Europe, not England. In any case, don't buy into 'shaken, not stirred'.

Martini's are made with gin.
Drinks made with vodka are not martini's.
Period.

My favorite drink is tonic and lime with lots of ice.

Just went for just an amazing walk. The sun is beaming, it’s cool and windy. Just perfect. It’s the simple things in life that matter sometimes.

This would be the perfect evening to play outdoors and serenade the neighborhood with some Judas Priest. Too bad hubby is home or I would of!! Lol

Back