Random. No more or less

That would really devastate me if I couldn’t play again. I am so careful and vigilant about my hands.
I also have a left hand ring finger that only bends about half the way now because of arthritis from getting dislocated playing basketball. It definitely affects my playing.

Pulling for you Lola. Hoping all turns out for the best. You know where we are...
Just an update: trying to get into clinical trials of psilocybin for migraines in Toronto. Right now I will try whatever. So many hoops to jump through getting into this program but it’s so worth it. Got my fingers crossed.

Wishing all my friends here the best!! Take care and have a good rest of your day.

Just an update: trying to get into clinical trials of psilocybin for migraines in Toronto. Right now I will try whatever. So many hoops to jump through getting into this program but it’s so worth it. Got my fingers crossed.

Wishing all my friends here the best!! Take care and have a good rest of your day.
Hope you’re successful.

There's been some voicings about former drinking days in another thread but rather than add to that thread (which is more on another topic) I thought I'd throw this in here:
Many years ago when I played old timer's hockey, we used to sit in the dressing room and have a cold one (or several) after our games. One evening after a local contest we were about our usual frivolity and everyone was joking and laughing rather heartily. One of my teammates shared a very hilarious story and I was just taking a long pull as he hit the punchline of the tale. Well, the cold brew was barely funneling down when I choked, gagged and coughed so hard the beer, foam and remaining air in my lungs burst out of my nose. The whole room went dead silent as they stared at me in disbelief (I was never one to waste good beer) as I stood, put down the can, shouldered my gear and headed for the door. "Where you going Josh (my nickname)? Your beer isn't done yet." I smiled and kept going. As I opened the door I turned and said to the team "Gotta go guys, looks like I'm full up!"
True story.

There's been some voicings about former drinking days in another thread but rather than add to that thread (which is more on another topic) I thought I'd throw this in here:
Many years ago when I played old timer's hockey, we used to sit in the dressing room and have a cold one (or several) after our games. One evening after a local contest we were about our usual frivolity and everyone was joking and laughing rather heartily. One of my teammates shared a very hilarious story and I was just taking a long pull as he hit the punchline of the tale. Well, the cold brew was barely funneling down when I choked, gagged and coughed so hard the beer, foam and remaining air in my lungs burst out of my nose. The whole room went dead silent as they stared at me in disbelief (I was never one to waste good beer) as I stood, put down the can, shouldered my gear and headed for the door. "Where you going Josh (my nickname)? Your beer isn't done yet." I smiled and kept going. As I opened the door I turned and said to the team "Gotta go guys, looks like I'm full up!"
True story.
It's only funny until somebody spills a beer! Best wishes Lola, hope you make it back soon to chit chat with us!!

The weather was frightening yesterday. Over 100 mph + winds. This is what we came to at the cottage. Going back today to clean up. Hydro crews making big bucks fixing destroyed and fallen wires. Roads blocked of by fallen trees. First responders everywhere. The weather was upgraded to a tornado. Chaos.

The weather was frightening yesterday. Over 100 mph + winds. This is what we came to at the cottage. Going back today to clean up. Hydro crews making big bucks fixing destroyed and fallen wires. Roads blocked of by fallen trees. First responders everywhere. The weather was upgraded to a tornado. Chaos.

Two big trees fell on a friend’s house in the city. Door blocked. Live power lines across the house. Deck smashed. Can’t see through the trees to assess roof damage.

My son was able to get on the roof and shingles blew right off. We need about 10 bundles to fix the situation.

Good news: we got a puppy. We got a 5 month Frenchie. We got an older pup that was toilet trained because it just would of been too much for my hubby and his health issues. He’s a very sweet boy. I sat here and cuddled with him on my chest. No better feeling.

His name is Blade.

Thank goodness it wasn't worse, and that you're OK!

Good news: we got a puppy. We got a 5 month Frenchie. We got an older pup that was toilet trained because it just would of been too much for my hubby and his health issues. He’s a very sweet boy. I sat here and cuddled with him on my chest. No better feeling.

His name is Blade.

I have two Frenchies and while they have night and day personalities (one is more like a cat and sleeps all day and the other is a dog's dog), they are both tremendously sweet dogs. The dog park is their chance to socialize with other dogs, but they tend to go around looking for love from the humans there. They have a "love the one you're with" mentality. Neither of them have had poor reactions around children.

Last edited:
Back