Random. No more or less

You doin ok bud? You don’t strike me as…. Apathetically introspective. Introspective, 100%…. But not…. That.
You are a legend. Remember it.
Just my droll sense of humor. Nothing to worry about!

Remote probe/ping responded... you are alive.:):cool:
That's good. The aliens couldn't get a thing from their probe during my abduction.

I told them probing my shoe wasn't a thing, but I don't think they spoke English. Amateurs. Where are the experienced aliens when you need them? I ask you!

Just my droll sense of humor. Nothing to worry about!

That's good. The aliens couldn't get a thing from their probe during my abduction.

I told them probing my shoe wasn't a thing, but I don't think they spoke English. Amateurs. Where are the experienced aliens when you need them? I ask you!
We are here.
Ask us anything.

Last night at gig practice...

A drummer (Dennis) that we've played/gigged with for years is moving to Vernon B.C. and we wanted to have a send off "until we meet again" type of get together.
I guess it was a small party of about 15 people or so.
The band was made up of my old lead player Steve, Dennis, another Steve on congas, my current bass player Matt, and Steve's current bass player Neil. Matt and Neil swapped spots all night.
Holy carp was that ever fun! We all had issues remembering old songs we did but we got over it quickly.
The audience was SUPER appreciative. I guess it helps that we've all been starved of live music for so long. Many compliments.
It was so good to be able to play in front of people again, especially in the studio. I felt alive again.
I am so glad that you had a great time.

I left rehearsal with a little funk in my step. It was a blast!

Actually I have been in a deep funk for the last two months and felt like throwing in the towel. I told my hubby just to sell it all. Hell, I just got my new PRS at Christmas. I have been so hard on myself and my own worst critic. I talked this through with the band. The words of kind support and acknowledgment were undeniable. I have been hating myself for the stupid mistakes and repeat mistakes I have been making. It got to the point where I was inflicting so much mental damage on myself and hating myself for this. The other guitar player gave me a big hug at practice and said we love playing with you mistakes and all. They gave me permission to fail. That’s all I needed to hear. Amazing how powerful words can be!!

Actually I have been in a deep funk for the last two months and felt like throwing in the towel. I told my hubby just to sell it all. Hell, I just got my new PRS at Christmas. I have been so hard on myself and my own worst critic. I talked this through with the band. The words of kind support and acknowledgment were undeniable. I have been hating myself for the stupid mistakes and repeat mistakes I have been making. It got to the point where I was inflicting so much mental damage on myself and hating myself for this. The other guitar player gave me a big hug at practice and said we love playing with you mistakes and all. They gave me permission to fail. That’s all I needed to hear. Amazing how powerful words can be!!
Playing with the right people is more of a key ingredient than most people realize. We all have a certain degree of overzealous self analysis I suppose. Good on ya for recognizing it. Use it to your advantage.

That's awesome Lola! Often just the slightest nudge is a big boost.
So I said I tempted the fates and mentioned my motorcycle. It's freaking cool and cloudy now and rain mixed with snow and freezing temps over night and overall just crappy out the next few days. Then a bit of warmth and sun before dropping into the crap again Sunday. I know it's early to consider commuting on the Wing, but at over $7 a gallon for diesel I can justify being chilled on a bike in the mornings. 60 mpg beats 20 every way I look at it.;)
And so much for sitting/playing on the deck. If I need a winter coat I sure as H.E. double hockey sticks ain't playing out there.:(

The weather has actually gotten worse out here. -13*c this morning and possibly colder tonight. Cripes, it's getting close to zero f from the forecast! Argh. But that will help balance out the heat wave we had last summer I reckon. 5 years ago at this time I was riding my motorcycle in very warm temps, hot even. Climate change is real...it's always changing; up and down.

Sun is shining, but it's freaking cold here! -22*C fer Gawd sake. That's friggin' 7 below f for you southern residents. (sigh) Could be worse though, could be in "Winter-peg" in that blizzard.

Back