Random. No more or less

WeWillServeTacos.jpg

The words have new meaning for me. They epitomize my rock n roll journey. Never really paid attention to them except for now! I really take the verses to heart! Thank you David Goggins for your enlightenment!

One of my old school and hockey pals used to step in on stage with Trooper and do vocals while Ra McGuire sat with us and had a couple pops. My friend Greg was a bit of a character and (long story) and Trooper used to frequent the town of Slave Lake where Greg taught. Our Sr hockey team played there often and we used to hit the local pub after games. That's how we met Ra...Greg up on stage singing and Ra circulating in the seats. He even pulled it off in a couple clubs in Edmonton. Life can be pretty cool at times.

Nice. My list rounds out with....

Tommy, Teddy, Callie, MommaCat, Spirit (bipolar), Geddy, and Princess Leia, who is the oldest at maybe 13.

We used to have all the Rush members. Geddy had two brothers: Alex and Neil Purrt. Alex got hit by a car in 2015, and Neil passed away peacefully two years ago. We also had Pye, named after Pye Dubois, but she met a sudden demise from a Ford truck.
So you're saying he wasn't Alex 9Lifeson...

The words have new meaning for me. They epitomize my rock n roll journey. Never really paid attention to them except for now! I really take the verses to heart! Thank you David Goggins for your enlightenment!

Wow, I have not heard that song in decades! Amazing how, after knowing a song for many years, when you start to disect it, it takes on new meaning as you finally understand what the message is!! I am going to have to cover this one, thanks for sharing!!!

There is a huge fight on YouTube about Eddie Van Halen VS Randy Roades. The arguments, the back stabbing the threats. I have never witnessed this shite like this before. Some ppl need anger management.

There is a huge fight on YouTube about Eddie Van Halen VS Randy Roades. The arguments, the back stabbing the threats. I have never witnessed this shite like this before. Some ppl need anger management.
Sounds like the 80s! The guitar community was FULL OF “who’s the fastest, who’s the best, who’s #1“ and everything was a competition to play faster and harder riffs. Fortunately, I didn’t get caught up in all that. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the 80s! The guitar community was FULL OF “who’s the fastest, who’s the best, who’s #1“ an everything was a competition to play faster and harder riffs. Fortunately, I didn’t get caught up in all that. ;)
But instead of carving it on desks during algebra we have the internet!

I recall one person back then, one of the best guitar players I've known, stop one of those arguments during a small party with, "Actually, I think the Stray Cats guy is better than either." When everyone went, "whaaaa?," he said Setzer not only does ridiculous stuff, he makes it sound like it's no big deal.

I didn't know, as I was trying to be a jazz saxophone player with occasional bouts of classical clarinet. So Michael Brecker vs Branford Marsalis arguments. (No one expressed anything but awe for Coltrane, Rollins, Shorter, Henderson, Parker, and Stitt).

Back