Random. No more or less

Thank you gentlemen for the confirmation. I haven’t picked up my guitar and played for two weeks. Just staying in bed take ‘er easy. I hear a song and I immediately want to jump up and play but at this time I can’t!

I feel a lot less guilty!

Thank you gentlemen for the confirmation. I haven’t picked up my guitar and played for two weeks. Just staying in bed take ‘er easy. I hear a song and I immediately want to jump up and play but at this time I can’t!

I feel a lot less guilty!

Don’t feel guilty, you’ve got to take care of yourself.

I ignored playing guitar for 30+ years after I had my first one (and still have it), so I am used to it by now, so guilt is on back burner! It is a lot harder to ignore my PRSi though!! We all need breaks though, and I have had one the past couple of weeks. First there was a short vacay, then holiday entertainment (hosting and being hosted)!! Ready to hit it hard next week as I have to prepare for the performance I will be doing at my friends Christmas Day Brunch! He has been doing it for 47 years now (I have been to the last 15 of them)! He covers ALL costs and has entertained as many as 150 people some years (2020 was cancelled, 2021 was smallish, maybe 50 people total but this year should be over 100 throughout the day). Anyway, performed there last year and wrote a parody song called "Christmas Bash" to the tune of "Monster Mash" which talks about his beautiful event in loving and humorous detail. Everybody loved it and this year should be even more fun because I have become a much better player and singer over the past 12 months!!! Heading to his place tonight to go over set list and have a few beers MATE (he is Australian and hillarious and always has at least two beers on tap)! Happy Holidays to all!!!!

I played last night for 45 minutes but that was a way too much. I pushed myself too hard. I think if I practice for 15 minutes that’s my limit for now.
I wrote two orchestral pieces this week and posted 'em. The universe couldn't care less. But I'm happy that just about anything got accomplished musically.

Nonetheless, I didn't play guitar at all. The universe is entirely unconcerned about that, too!

In a way, it's kind of a relief that what I do doesn't matter to anyone - that way I can't meaningfully screw up! :)

I ignored playing guitar for 30+ years after I had my first one (and still have it), so I am used to it by now, so guilt is on back burner! It is a lot harder to ignore my PRSi though!! We all need breaks though, and I have had one the past couple of weeks. First there was a short vacay, then holiday entertainment (hosting and being hosted)!! Ready to hit it hard next week as I have to prepare for the performance I will be doing at my friends Christmas Day Brunch! He has been doing it for 47 years now (I have been to the last 15 of them)! He covers ALL costs and has entertained as many as 150 people some years (2020 was cancelled, 2021 was smallish, maybe 50 people total but this year should be over 100 throughout the day). Anyway, performed there last year and wrote a parody song called "Christmas Bash" to the tune of "Monster Mash" which talks about his beautiful event in loving and humorous detail. Everybody loved it and this year should be even more fun because I have become a much better player and singer over the past 12 months!!! Heading to his place tonight to go over set list and have a few beers MATE (he is Australian and hillarious and always has at least two beers on tap)! Happy Holidays to all!!!!
Parallel experience. I also ignored the guitar for about 30 years. I also have my first-at least the first I bought with my own money. That’s where the parallel ends. I’ve regressed as a player over the past 12 months.

I wrote two orchestral pieces this week and posted 'em. The universe couldn't care less. But I'm happy that just about anything got accomplished musically.

Nonetheless, I didn't play guitar at all. The universe is entirely unconcerned about that, too!

In a way, it's kind of a relief that what I do doesn't matter to anyone - that way I can't meaningfully screw up! :)
But I do care who hears this especially when our band gets together in the new year. We planning on gigging this year.

You are leaps and bounds ahead of my current skill set and I can only sit back an admire you for your immense talents. You are such a diverse musician. I have to go with what I have and that is playing.

But I do care who hears this especially when our band gets together in the new year. We planning on gigging this year.

You are leaps and bounds ahead of my current skill set and I can only sit back an admire you for your immense talents. You are such a diverse musician. I have to go with what I have and that is playing.
I always tell my musical friends, it's not a contest. Everyone's work stands on its own merits. My talents aren't any more significant than anyone else's, I love doing it and work hard at it, same as you!

I played last night for 45 minutes but that was a way too much. I pushed myself too hard. I think if I practice for 15 minutes that’s my limit for now.
Do you mean, because of your headaches?

Yes! I have lost 20 pounds in a short time and it makes me feel unwell. I feel very unstable, dizzy and very weak.
I figured that’s what you meant, but was hoping you were doing better after reading some of your posts last week. I’m surprised you were able to make it that long. Sure am sorry you’re having such a hard time. :confused:

Does anyone remember the Twight Zone with Rod Serling?

Absolutely. Bought the whole series on Blu-ray for a killer price a while back. Now I don't have to record episodes when SyFy runs marathons on the holidays. And I've seen a memorial to Rod Serling in his hometown of Binghamton, NY.

But do you remember the Twilight Zone reboot from the 80s? Some good episodes, some not so good. The one I really remember was about the Kennedy assassination. An observer from the future was sent back in time to record it, and instead, he yelled out to JFK and thwarted the assassination. It did not go well.

There was one episode I have been looking for with the ppl who had pigs heads. I can remember my older brothers watching this. My parents were out so they let me stay up to watch it with them. It was so scary. I must of been 5 years old. I still remember that episode to this very day.

There was one episode I have been looking for with the ppl who had pigs heads. I can remember my older brothers watching this. My parents were out so they let me stay up to watch it with them. It was so scary. I must of been 5 years old. I still remember that episode to this very day.
I remember that one very well. One of my favorite episodes. "To Serve Man" was also a one of their best efforts.

Back