Random. No more or less

You have been such a gentleman like the rest. Very kind and understanding. Ppl here are extraordinarily kind, compassionate and helpful. I couldn’t ask for anything more!

Such a happy camper to be here with like minded ppl. I am so happy I left the “other” place. Out the door with the garbage!

Dream theatre you have been so supportive of my questions and anything else my inquiring mind wanted to know about particular songs and I thank you!!
I no longer qualify as a gentleman. I now qualify as an Oldman.

It's shameful, I know, but what can a person of indeterminate age do?

"First of all, your age can be determined. Think about it."

"I can't. Too much football, I have CTE."

"Um...you never played football on even the high school level."

"Well, I watched a lot of college football, so that must be a source of brain damage."

"It's sort of like watching too many sitcoms. Turns your brain to mush."

"Haven't watched a sitcom since Seinfeld went off the air."

"I'm pretty sure that was enough to destroy whatever brain cells you had remaining after watching Cheers. Not that it's any of my business, or anything..."

"It was where everybody knew my name."

"Nobody ever knew your name, dude. Not for one second."

I no longer qualify as a gentleman. I now qualify as an Oldman.

It's shameful, I know, but what can a person of indeterminate age do?

"First of all, your age can be determined. Think about it."

"I can't. Too much football, I have CTE."

"Um...you never played football on even the high school level."

"Well, I watched a lot of college football, so that must be a source of brain damage."

"It's sort of like watching too many sitcoms. Turns your brain to mush."

"Haven't watched a sitcom since Seinfeld went off the air."

"I'm pretty sure that was enough to destroy whatever brain cells you had remaining after watching Cheers. Not that it's any of my business, or anything..."

"It was where everybody knew my name."

"Nobody ever knew your name, dude. Not for one second."
that is a lot to process, but i’m just floored you wrote the theme to ‘cheers’.

My perspective on aging is idc.

Keeping fit, healthy and active is my main goal so that I will be able to play for a long time.

I try to be positive everyday. I have learned a lot from my mentor Jordan Peterson(Canadian psychologist) he has really helped in how I deal with problems. Helped me to learn how to turn down my Pitbull preservation mode.

56 soon to 57 and I don’t consider myself old at all. I really don’t care. One less stress in my live.

Having the best time of my life actually minus the migraine problems.

My perspective on aging is idc.

Keeping fit, healthy and active is my main goal so that I will be able to play for a long time.

I try to be positive everyday. I have learned a lot from my mentor Jordan Peterson(Canadian psychologist) he has really helped in how I deal with problems. Helped me to learn how to turn down my Pitbull preservation mode.

56 soon to 57 and I don’t consider myself old at all. I really don’t care. One less stress in my live.

Having the best time of my life actually minus the migraine problems.
Your still a pup. Keep up the good attitude and take care of your body. The replacement parts are never as good as the original equipment. Trust me. I know. (Pushing real close to 70. But don’t tell anybody)

Pls pls watch this. Critical thinking has taken a grip on me and this is the man who helped me to change and to become better then I was yesterday. This is a huge deal for me. It’s even helped with dealing with ALL of life’s issues that apply to me. Even my guitar playing. You can apply this to everything in your life! I just wish Jordan would come to Toronto.

People also ask

What is meant by critically thinking?

Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action.

I am so sorry that this happened to you!! What are they doing for you?
It was decades ago. Immediately they gave antibiotics. I occasionally get some flu symptoms, and I blame Lyme for the odd nerve stuff with leg twitching and bouts of “chase the itch” that is like being bitten by ants all over my body. Not much they can do unless something major shows up.

I've only heard about the nasty symptoms, but I feel for you big time. You are the first person I've ever heard speak of it as experiencing it. Sympathies brother.
On this end of it, it hasn’t been so bad so far. It’s the unknown that is kinda worrisome. It mimics many things while it could be doing big bad stuff in the background. But hey, the Big Guy Upstairs has got my back. He has never failed me and He ain’t gonna start now. Thanks for your kind consideration. You rock.

What small household item would drive you nuts if it was “accidentally” misplaced by someone who was doing you a favor by helping you move?

I don’t wanna do the remote for a TV, because then I’d have to help put up a new one.

These are old people I’m talking about.
As anal as I am, anything would drive me nuts.

So we finally got a confirmation of coverage for the damage caused by the windstorm back earlier this spring. Just under $32,000. Biggest issue was the existing siding is no longer being produced so the whole house has to be redone. Three of the other side of the houses were either ripped or lifted beyond proper repair anyway, and at least we had no more "events" with the stuff loose from the plywood outer sheathing. But of course being as we have repair work being done, we will replace some more windows (upgraded) so we can combine the two jobs and our contractor can work with the window company in one main job. The deductible is only $2500, but the windows I'm guessing will be somewhere in the $10k range. Oh well, I wasn't looking to by a WL or PS anytime soon anyway...

So we finally got a confirmation of coverage for the damage caused by the windstorm back earlier this spring. Just under $32,000. Biggest issue was the existing siding is no longer being produced so the whole house has to be redone. Three of the other side of the houses were either ripped or lifted beyond proper repair anyway, and at least we had no more "events" with the stuff loose from the plywood outer sheathing. But of course being as we have repair work being done, we will replace some more windows (upgraded) so we can combine the two jobs and our contractor can work with the window company in one main job. The deductible is only $2500, but the windows I'm guessing will be somewhere in the $10k range. Oh well, I wasn't looking to by a WL or PS anytime soon anyway...
Woof! My FIL redid the siding and roof of his modest home in a retirement community: over $100k!

Back