Random. No more or less

So this was weird. Last night, my wife and I went out for date night. Hit a couple spots in the mall together, then I headed for Barnes & Noble, but first, a stop at the car to drop off the stuff from the Hallmark store. Walking out, I passed a woman who was wearing a long flowing skirt, which made me think of Hannah Wicklund (who I've mentioned here numerous times - if you haven't checked her out, people, do yourselves a favor).

Dropped the stuff off at the car, walk into Barnes & Noble. Got about 10 feet or so inside, and I can hear the CSNY song "Ohio". But it's a cover by a female artist. Damn, I think that's Hannah's version of the song. Okay - weird enough that I was just thinking about her, but even weirder that it's playing on the sound system at B&N. So I reach into my pocket for my phone so I can Shazam that sh!t, and...it's not the PA, it's my phone. My phone a) that has been in my pocket, untouched through all this; and b) that I don't use to listen to music; and c) did I mention I didn't touch it until I pulled it out to Shazam that sh!t?

200.gif

So this was weird. Last night, my wife and I went out for date night. Hit a couple spots in the mall together, then I headed for Barnes & Noble, but first, a stop at the car to drop off the stuff from the Hallmark store. Walking out, I passed a woman who was wearing a long flowing skirt, which made me think of Hannah Wicklund (who I've mentioned here numerous times - if you haven't checked her out, people, do yourselves a favor).

Dropped the stuff off at the car, walk into Barnes & Noble. Got about 10 feet or so inside, and I can hear the CSNY song "Ohio". But it's a cover by a female artist. Damn, I think that's Hannah's version of the song. Okay - weird enough that I was just thinking about her, but even weirder that it's playing on the sound system at B&N. So I reach into my pocket for my phone so I can Shazam that sh!t, and...it's not the PA, it's my phone. My phone a) that has been in my pocket, untouched through all this; and b) that I don't use to listen to music; and c) did I mention I didn't touch it until I pulled it out to Shazam that sh!t?

200.gif

Thanks for posting that song. I dug it.

200.gif

I call these incidents "Matrix Moments"! Sometimes the coincidences are so great that it is hard to believe it was happenstance!! Next time someone asks you which pill you want (blue or red), take note of this incident before making your choice!!!

I tried to get a girl to play hooky in high school, but her prices were outrageous.
Should be in the truly terrible dad joke compendium. Awful.

“Oh dear little Flo, I love you so, especially in your nightie.
When the moonlight flits, across your t!ts, Jeesus chr!st almighty”
This belongs in the terrible dad joke thread, too. Terrible.

I’m long retired, so hooky really doesn’t apply. But I did forego my usual group bike ride to stay home alone and play guitar for about 4 hours. I don’t feel one iota of guilt either.
My guitar playing has been taking a back seat to my annual ride every day of the Tour. I think next year I should build a guitar equivalence into my formula. Playing Beethoven could be worth 100m of climbing. Playing Free Bird might be negative 10km, or maybe minus 1km for every minute you play it.

My guitar playing has been taking a back seat to my annual ride every day of the Tour. I think next year I should build a guitar equivalence into my formula. Playing Beethoven could be worth 100m of climbing. Playing Free Bird might be negative 10km, or maybe minus 1km for every minute you play it.
Eruption = 1000M

Everything will work out in the end. It always does with me at least. I worry for what? I am old enough to know better and not stress myself out unnecessarily. I have to draw on past experiences for this positive mindset.

Back