Random. No more or less

I live 40 miles east of Boogie. It was 70F and dry ALL DAY yesterday! Man, retirement has its perks like not having to leave my house all day. ;)

I hear you on that one! I've been retired since March of 2020. On those nasty winter days while having my morning coffee I'll hear the reports of how bad the roads are with massive backups and I'll think "oh gee, that's too bad!!

Y
es, huge perks in retirement!

I live 40 miles east of Boogie. It was 70F and dry ALL DAY yesterday! Man, retirement has its perks like not having to leave my house all day. ;)

I hear you on that one! I've been retired since March of 2020. On those nasty winter days while having my morning coffee I'll hear the reports of how bad the roads are with massive backups and I'll think "oh gee, that's too bad!!

Y
es, huge perks in retirement!

thumbs.jpg

:p

Southeast Texas is a good place to be when those Arctic Fronts start plowing down. Nothing to vent on today… I hit three years retired this month (officially it’s June but I was off from January on). It’s a blessing, and life is good. I enjoy the winter cold because our summer heat and humidity combo along the coast can be pretty stifling.

My wife retires at the end of December, so that’s our focus this year. Enjoying now, prepping for then.

We're in a mild spell right now, but the deep freeze started back in mid December and lasted until the first of last week, and then we had crazy rain to the south of us in Edmonton, we're a couple hours north of there. This was the Tuesday after Christmas. I've seen colder in the 33 years we've been in our current home, but not much. In town down in the river valley 10 degrees colder isn't uncommon. Ice fog gets thicker than the haze on 'frisco bay and vehicles turn into clunking bricks. My wood stove in the living room burns steadily in that kind of weather, can't beat that cozy kind of warmth. On the plus side, it's a "dry" cold.:rolleyes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/stztkuo15mt7xv3/20211228_073554.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ok0qz1h0hg9ir5o/warm.jpg?dl=0

The meet & greet sounds like a really cool thing, but as I mentioned before, distances can be an obstacle for us em, isolated peeps.

Other than the colder temps here in my portion of Michigan it hasn't been a bad winter in terms of snowfall. Growing up in Michigan you knew what to expect every winter. Nowadays it's anybody's guess as far as what to expect for snowfall. I noticed that things changed here around 1995 or 1996. There's a lot of smaller lakes in my area with one at the end of my street. During that time frame some winters were so mild, that lake and others around here never froze over.

Again, very touch and go anymore.

Jealous of you retired guys, but I am down to counting months instead of years. Might be 36 or more but could be sooner if things break right……beats thinking in terms of years…….
I'm in countdown mode as well, but the term is far shorter. If I stick to my guns and tough it out, I'm taking down my shingle at the dealership in the end of October, or somewhat before given my vacation days status. Pretty sure the dealer principles won't want to pay me out for unused accumulated vacation days (which actually coincides with the end of October as well), so I may end up shutting down in September. COVID really smacked my racing plans the last two years so I have over 4 weeks of unused vacation, with 4 more due come October. Missus wants to hit the Maritimes this September, so I might head out on holidays for a couple weeks and then be on permanent vacation once home. Of course, with flight schedules all screwed up still, and carriers afraid to say they'll offer refunds on cancellations due to restrictions (and whatever else BS excuse they can wangle), I don't know if that will actually fly either (yes, pun intended).
But come that day, I look forward to having the time to devote to playing more, more martial arts training/teaching, and of course riding and racing my motorcycles. Playing is a given; training, riding and racing is going to be a factor of age and physical ability. My last off on the race track at age 60 is something I don't care to experience at age 64 (now) or beyond. But I sure as H.E. double hockey sticks ain't planning on coasting in over the finish line at the end of this life trip. Gotta grab all the kicks you can while you can, you only make this scene once.

Jealous of you retired guys, but I am down to counting months instead of years. Might be 36 or more but could be sooner if things break right……beats thinking in terms of years…….

If they don't get this inflation under control, there's going to be a lot of people coming back out of retirement because they can't afford to live. :rolleyes:

How hot does it get where you are?
Where Lola is it's usually hot and humid more consistently than out here in the west, but she's a better voice than I on her region. Last summer was crazy, I saw 42*c (107*f) which is exceptionally rare, but all of western Canada (and lots of the northwestern US) was sort of off the charts that way. 30's is not uncommon (low 80s) around here from May through August, but usually mid 20's (mid 70's) are the norm. The worst thing (and I think it's probably the same in her part of Ontario) is the damn bugs in summer. Deer flies, mosquitoes, horse flies, blackflies, wasps, you name it. Mosquitoes in these parts are like a plague, and they attack like one. I wear a mesh bug suit cutting the lawn or I could get eaten alive. Wasps (those lovely yellow jacket beasties) during heat waves and dry weather are just plain insane, and they will attack without provocation. Not good for a pale skinned redhead like me that is allergic to the venom; I'm a half step away from an EpiPen, but so far Benadryl keeps me out of anaphylaxis. But at least we don't have rattlesnakes and scorpions etc. Have yet to see murder hornets or hobo spiders around here, but the scientists say they're coming too...oh joy.

Yeah, it's been really cold here in Phoenix. Some days it doesn't even reach 70 outside.

My random - I took the biggest crap the other day. I mean, it would have had to be a yard long/2" wide pipe if laid end to end (that's roughly one meter by 50mm for you global unit types). I briefly considered taking a photo, but nobody appreciates that sort of thing. the only person who would likely see it other than me is my wife through photo sharing, and she'd probably have me committed. But still, I had to tell someone, so why not the whole planet via Internet message board?

Hard to follow that but just a "random" lunch of last night's leftovers. Herself had to go to the lights yesterday and brought home some scrumptious treats from our favorite Japanese eatery. The spicy scallop rolls never made it through the meal, but I got the remainder of the sashimi for my noon desk:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jlyg8zspoqui4k/20220127_112726.jpg?dl=0

Went to JoAnn's with my wife this morning, looking around while she was getting some fabric. Interesting variations of "Grateful Dead" and "Pink Floyd" designs. I suggested a quilt for the grandson but she's in the middle of a project.

Went to JoAnn's with my wife this morning, looking around while she was getting some fabric. Interesting variations of "Grateful Dead" and "Pink Floyd" designs. I suggested a quilt for the grandson but she's in the middle of a project.

A lot more licensed material these past few years. I've bought more than I should, but I now have a couple Kiss solo album masks, a skull cap of the same material, a Weeping Angels pillow case, a Pittsburgh Penguins pillow case, and I have a couple yards each of Who and more of the Kiss solo album material that I'll use for...something.

Back