Random. No more or less

We celebrated our 42nd anniversary at a dinner theater in Edmonton Tuesday night. The bass player is a friend of ours so we like to go see shows when it works out and hear some great musicians and hopefully see some really class entertainment. They did a live stage presentation of Rock Of Ages and it was fantastic! There was a gal playing e-acoustic and a tele that was right out of this world good. A former co-worker (professional player himself) knows her and spoke really highly of her when I was in the shop yesterday. Her name is Mo Lefever (I pronounce it "la fave") and she instructs and does music projects at one of the colleges in the city. She (for me) stole the show and I can be pretty fussy when I pay pretty big bucks to hear someone play that I don't know. That and it's a couple hundred miles of driving which makes for a late night. If you ever get the chance to hear her, I would recommend it highly. Not flashy or ostentatious at all, just a really solid guitarist. She did the lead on Wanted Dead Or Alive on the acoustic and it literally sent shills up my spine. Not a lot of players do that for me anymore. Plus that's another reason for me to work harder on that piece with my 12 string haha.

A bit more somber message today. Friday we laid my mother-in-law to rest after a long stay in hospital at the age of 83. She lost her ability to walk over a year ago due to complications from several medical issues, and was mostly bedridden for the last 6 months. But she had an amazing spirit and she battled hard to the end. She was also a breast cancer survivor, and she never complained or gave in to frustration from the edema that it left her with. I will never know how I didn't end up weighing #400 given her incredible culinary skills. Her husband Dale passed 5 years ago from dementia at 81.
The biggest regret I have is not ever going to her hospital room with a guitar and doing a couple songs for her. Something I will always carry with me. So yesterday I sat out on our deck with my 12 string and played every song I could remember that she loved to hear.
Rest well Mom, I hope you and Dad both heard me yesterday...

A bit more somber message today. Friday we laid my mother-in-law to rest after a long stay in hospital at the age of 83. She lost her ability to walk over a year ago due to complications from several medical issues, and was mostly bedridden for the last 6 months. But she had an amazing spirit and she battled hard to the end. She was also a breast cancer survivor, and she never complained or gave in to frustration from the edema that it left her with. I will never know how I didn't end up weighing #400 given her incredible culinary skills. Her husband Dale passed 5 years ago from dementia at 81.
The biggest regret I have is not ever going to her hospital room with a guitar and doing a couple songs for her. Something I will always carry with me. So yesterday I sat out on our deck with my 12 string and played every song I could remember that she loved to hear.
I am sorry for your loss mate.

Sounds like a healthy response to a crap situation.
Sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry that you lost your dear sweet mother. I can relate as I am sure a lot of us can. I miss my mom so much. She was too young to die at 70.

It’s never easy. Take time to grieve your way!❤️

Thank you one and all for those that pm’ed me to see if I was okay. I have a lot going on atm. I maybe back in the fall. Take care of yourselves.
I am auditioning for a new band on Monday. I am excited!
I have been wondering where you have been. Hope all is well and I hope you get the spot in the band.

I am in a Black Sabbath plus cover band now. Audition went well. Something totally different to learn from what I am used to. A lot better of altered tunings mainly Eb. My first BS cover tune. Some really nice riffs in this song. Very dark and very evil! I love it!

Last edited:
I am in a Black Sabbath plus cover band now. Audition went well. Something totally different to learn from what I am used to. A lot better of altered tunings mainly Eb. My first BS cover tune. Some really nice riffs in this song. Very dark and very evil! I love it!

Congrats!

It looks like I will be playing some gigs in my near future. I met with the band on Friday. I have played with the drummer before. He wants me in the band full time instead of as a fill in. I told him I don't have the time to do the number of gigs they do each month but I am looking forward to helping them cover what I can.

Stella got her groove back. Lol I played for for almost 4 hours last night. And every minute was incredible. I have been noodling around with triads and connecting major and minor pentatonic skills into some really cool licks.
This is a brilliant feeling and so motivating. I plan on doing the same tonight. Learning new stuff is a blast and let’s me become the guitar player I want to be. It kicked the doldrums right to the street. The adrenaline rush is raw and so real. Loving every minute of it.

It’s a glorious afternoon. Headed to the beach to busk until dinner. Excited!!

So practice for an hour or so , then play at the beach till 3 and then rehearsal tonight. A whole guitar filled day. This is silly but as I walked the dogs I was skipping with Joy!
I am so happy that I have crappy days because these days come along and it doesn’t feel real. Simply amazing.

I know some of you might think this is weird but I have cut out all extraneous aholes out of my life along with their BS. Freedom! More time to play!

Apparently we have the worst air quality in the world today. That’s a lot of trees burning hundreds of miles away.

We had that privilege in Chicago yesterday. It's marginally better today. At least my throat doesn't start burning as soon as I walk out the door today.
It sucks. We had to deal with the same crap a few weeks ago.
It supposedly returning here again at the end of the week. Hopefully it doesn’t look like I’m on Mars this time.:(:mad:

Apparently we have the worst air quality in the world today. That’s a lot of trees burning hundreds of miles away.
It's BAD down here. Can't imagine what it's like up there. My whole office wall is glass and I can usually see 3-4 miles over the valley. I've got maybe 500 yards of visibility total. But even at 100 yards, everything looks like a cloud is on the ground.

Back