Random. No more or less

So I have laid out my foundation for busking at the beach. I have 30 songs that I have picked separated into 10 songs X 3. 3/1 hour stints approx. with 1/2 hr. breaks approx in between.

I am playing some stuff I like. This is a great relief. I really hate playing songs that I don’t appreciate. It’s part of the band scene I realize but I am not in a band anymore. Doing it my way! Lol Actually I cherry picked my favourite songs. Some classics that I sort of have to relearn. Some of the fingerings in the solos I forget. It’s been a couple of years since I have played some of these songs. It will come back super easy.

I wish this damned weather would get summerish! It’s rained for almost 2 weeks. The grass is looking beautiful and very lush.

Awwwww the beach. I can hardly wait! ;)

So I have laid out my foundation for busking at the beach. I have 30 songs that I have picked separated into 10 songs X 3. 3/1 hour stints approx. with 1/2 hr. breaks approx in between.

I am playing some stuff I like. This is a great relief. I really hate playing songs that I don’t appreciate. It’s part of the band scene I realize but I am not in a band anymore. Doing it my way! Lol Actually I cherry picked my favourite songs. Some classics that I sort of have to relearn. Some of the fingerings in the solos I forget. It’s been a couple of years since I have played some of these songs. It will come back super easy.

I wish this damned weather would get summerish! It’s rained for almost 2 weeks. The grass is looking beautiful and very lush.

Awwwww the beach. I can hardly wait! ;)
Hopefully we will get to see a video of you and your busking adventures come this summer! Go get 'em!! Can we see the set lists?

Is everyone watching the coronation? Lol
I am NOT! Eating a grilled cheese and watching “You gotta eat here”. Starting to get back to my roots. I always loved being a bit of a chef. Haven’t really cooked in about 13 years. When my guitar came into my life I abandoned everything. Just a little bit a time. Baby steps.

Is everyone watching the coronation? Lol
I am NOT! Eating a grilled cheese and watching “You gotta eat here”. Starting to get back to my roots. I always loved being a bit of a chef. Haven’t really cooked in about 13 years. When my guitar came into my life I abandoned everything. Just a little bit a time. Baby steps.
Coronation? ...*quickly Googles to get instantly informed*...oh man, King Charles and Queen Camilla...eww.

Cooking is fun. I'm not a great cook or anything, but I make stuff every now and then. I made pizza from scratch a couple days ago. It took a little time to get the hang of activating the yeast properly for the dough, but I found the trick was to give it some sugar and leave it, mixed with warm water, in a bowl in an enclosed space. The sauce is good, but I need to find some decent sherry. The nuttiness of the wine calms the bitter tomato taste.

Coronation? ...*quickly Googles to get instantly informed*...oh man, King Charles and Queen Camilla...eww.
The sauce is good, but I need to find some decent sherry. The nuttiness of the wine calms the bitter tomato taste.

To calm the acid taste put about 1 tsp of white sugar in it. I make my pasta/pizza marinara sauce from scratch and it taste a lot less acidic.

To calm the acid taste put about 1 tsp of white sugar in it. I make my pasta/pizza marinara sauce from scratch and it taste a lot less acidic.
Yeah, sugar helps alot. I've also tried slow roasting a tomato stock overnight, which...yeah, works, but takes forever. I think my favorite recipe so far is using organic tomato paste (or blended diced tomatoes, but paste is quicker and gets rid of a few steps), sugar, oregano/basil blend, minced garlic, sherry, olive oil, and bell peppers.

I tried a premade sauce once just for the hell of it, see if I could make something with it. I couldn't. I had a Ratatouille "about to barf in the soup" moment.

Home made everything is always better but so much work. Rather spend my time playing! The urge in me has to really significant for me to take notice of it!

So my setlist is as follows:

Basket case
While my guitar gently weeps
Message in a Bottle
Brown sugar
Hair of the dog
Living after midnight
Domino
Gold on the ceiling
Smells like teen spirit
Cinnamon girl
Start me up
A’int no rest for the wicked
Enter Sandman
Come and get your love
You shook me all night long
L’il Devil
Dear Mr. Fantasy
Sweet emotion
Day Tripper
Lonely is the night
Immigrant song
Say it ain’t so
House of the rising sun
Bad side of the moon
Original prankster
Pretty fly for a white guy
Rebel rebel
Long cool woman in a Black dress
La Grange
867-5309 Jessie
Fortunate son

Approx 5 mins per song. 10 songs/hour x 3 with a break in between each set.

My priority is to make some of these songs sound amazing in the next week or so. It’s been awhile time for a revisit to some of them. Some I have added little impromptu fills and little solos because I don’t have any set protocols that I must follow. Freedom to do what I want.

Yeah, sugar helps alot. I've also tried slow roasting a tomato stock overnight, which...yeah, works, but takes forever. I think my favorite recipe so far is using organic tomato paste (or blended diced tomatoes, but paste is quicker and gets rid of a few steps), sugar, oregano/basil blend, minced garlic, sherry, olive oil, and bell peppers.

I tried a premade sauce once just for the hell of it, see if I could make something with it. I couldn't. I had a Ratatouille "about to barf in the soup" moment.
I make the tomato sauce the day before. It’s basically a spice bomb simmering in smashed tomato. My wife came up with the spice mix over some unknown number of years and was thoughtful enough to record the mix. It’s mostly dried herbs from the garden. The flavour of misted spiced foods is better the next day, so this cuts out the first day. I then add other stuff, like meat, the day of the meal.

Back