R & R Hall of Fame... RUSH

Bill SAS 513

Just another old guy in a T-shirt
Hello, all...Good (interesting) news...the Rock and Roll Hall of fame has opened up voting to the general public for the nominees this year...don't know how much weight these votes will carry, but it will show them what we've known all along!!! Rush has a place there; hell , maybe their own wing!!! It's only taken 13 years to get on the ballot (serious sarcasm) ...Now that's messed up!!!! Also, this year's nominees include Deep Purple and Heart, along with the Meters, and a couple more deserving musicians. Check out the R&R HoF site and vote as you see fit...Thank Youuuuuuuuuuu

RUSH. Yes! I went to the Hall of fame a few years ago any it seemed like every third person there was wearing a Rush shirt. Silent protest, who knows, but Rush should definitely be in there, and could fill a wing better than a few of the one hit wonders...

Looks like they are also counting the votes that came in from the Rolling Stone Website, since I tried to vote again on the link above and it said that it had already counted my vote.

I'd love to see Howie get in with Heart. Hard to understand how a platinum band like Heart could have been ignored all these years.

My votes went to Heart, Deep Purple and Rush. No-brainers for me. I was on the fence with Kraftwerk, and Paul Butterfield. Most of the "R&B/Urban/Disco/Hip Hop" stuff I cannot equate with theROCK Hall of fame so they didn't get my vote. Joan Jett was always cool, and I remember her driving around Long Island in her Jaguar in the mid-to-late '70's. I always enjoyed her music...but to vote her in before the big 3 I just mentioned??? :eek:

Really..."Brenda Lee" was inducted ten years ago..Why Rush has been on such a long waiting list is insane........BTW am I the only one who thinks tha Neil Peart and Tom Hanks are the same guy?

Last edited:
Really..."Brenda Lee" was inducted ten years ago..Why Rush has been on such a long waiting list is insane........BTW am I the only one who thinks tha Neil Peart and Tom Hanks are the same guy?

Only if you'll agree that Paul Reed Smith and Doctor Drew are one and the same person as well!

2 of Dr. Drew Pinsky

351937.jpg

156086.jpg

Paul:

PaulReedSmith.gif

070512MarqueeSec1.jpg

Twin sons of different mothers! I find the resemblance uncanny. And I've never seen them both in the same place at the same time either.

NoW Thats whay my Bernie SE keeps saying.."Its not what youre eating,Dave......Its Whats eating you....Let the healing begin..one fret at a time..............Please dont show me that Orville Gibson and Dr. Phil are the same or that Leo Fender and Dr. Joyce Brothers...uhhh I aint gonna touch that one.

Last edited:
NoW Thats whay my Bernie SE keeps saying.."Its not what youre eating,Dave......Its Whats eating you....Let the healing begin..one fret at a time..............Please dont show me that Orville Gibson and Dr. Phil are the same or that Leo Fender and Dr. Joyce Brothers...uhhh I aint gonna touch that one.

Close....Dr. Phil and "Hank" from the old HBO "Gary Shandling show" are exactly the same person. :biggrin:

Not trying to deviate from the thread but..Dan Marino and David Hasslehoff...same Guy..John Denver and Martina Navratalova same guy etc....and Hank is a dead ringer for Dr, Phil!

I have no problem whatsoever with Rush getting in. BUT, until they right their ongoing monumental wrong and put KISS in, the Rock & Roll Hall of Shame can make acquaintance with my south end. Whether you love, like, don't care for, or downright hate KISS, to deny the ways in which they've been innovators in their career is to fail to grasp reality. It's no secret that politics play a huge part in getting into the Hall, but many of their choices have fallen somewhere between ridiculous and almost criminal. IMO, a Hall of Fame should be about respect and acknowledgement of innovation and achievement, not popularity. Rush? Fine. KISS? Definitely. Blondie? Laughable. Madonna? Offensive.

Here ends the sermon. Goldtop

Last edited:
Only if you'll agree that Paul Reed Smith and Doctor Drew are one and the same person as well! Twin sons of different mothers! I find the resemblance uncanny. And I've never seen them both in the same place at the same time either.

I see the similarities in the glasses and the hair, but other than that... However, in staying with that theme, I offer this link:

http://halen.com/evh/modules/PNphpBB2/files/keith_richards_and_miss_marple_527.jpg

This one is downright frightening to me!

Goldtop

Goldtop.....laughed till I cried..and you are right about Kiss.. I remember during the late 70's we had an out pouring of great talent.. But Rolling Stone magazine was singularly focused on extolling the virtues and the musicology of "Punk" ...It was like the story of the "Emperor's Clothes".. And CBGB was like Mecca..

Goldtop.....laughed till I cried..and you are right about Kiss.. I remember during the late 70's we had an out pouring of great talent.. But Rolling Stone magazine was singularly focused on extolling the virtues and the musicology of "Punk" ...It was like the story of the "Emperor's Clothes".. And CBGB was like Mecca..

Thanks captdg. I don't know who came up with that comparison, but they get an "Attaboy" from me.

As for Rolling Stone, I have to admit that they've been a sad joke to me for a long time. I still read it occasionally, but not as much as I did way back when. Of course, my opinion only matters to me, so I doubt they miss me.

Goldtop

They made it!!!!!!!!...along with Howard Leese from Heart...April 18 is inductipon, but damn...Induction Ceremony in California this year!!!
N-I-C-E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back