R.I.P the King

I'm certain that I will be one of the MANY who will continue to learn from BB King for a long time.

He was a gentleman, a great guitarist, and an excellent entertainer. I'm so glad I was able to see him in concert. His guitar licks and tone were impeccable.

Yep, he'll be sadly missed. He was 89 so I guess he had a good go at it and I believe he used to enjoy his self.

I had the privilege of seeing B.B. King at my college alma mater shortly after I graduated there, in the mid-90s. In retrospect, I wish I could have attended that show with "older ears" but it still left a lasting impact. I think what impressed me the most was his sense of humanity - his presence and energy just WAS. I cannot remember what he played that night, but I still remember it.

During the second set, B.B. had a chair brought out for him. He said "Folks, when you get to me MY age, you've earned the right to sit down for the second set."

B.B., here's wishing you a permanent gig with God's own house band, and a really comfy seat...rest well and play on...

The foundation of the American guitar solo, almost all modern guitar improvisation in rock & pop come from that root.
As important to rock as Hendrix.
RIP BB

RIP, sir. A true legend. Only got to see him once, but it was unforgettable. My buddy talked me into going, and afterwards I made sure he knew I was grateful.

I constantly go over his Youtube videos, even more so after seeing him in person together with Buddy Guy (another great) two years ago. Simply, a Legend.

Back