R.I.P. David Bowie

Mikegarveyblues

Cream Crackered
Damn.

Just woke up to the news that David Bowie has died today after an 18 month battle with cancer. He was 69.

Big, big fan. Gutted.

Was a while before I became a fan. Always enjoyed his songs but Tended to focus on the guitar parts of his songs and the guitarists that played them. The guy always knew how to pick the best guitarists. I was also put off by the occasional drunken comparison in terms of looks ( I have vaguely similar shaped eyes). Sadly not even a fraction of the talent.

However, when I got what he and his music was about I Really got it!

Big, big loss to the music world.

Goodnight Starman. R.I.P.

Feeling stunned have lost my music idol the man who changed generations R.I.P.rock god and innovater DAVID BOWIE.i'll shed a tear. Play his music loud. (very loud)

We can beat them, just for one day
We can be heroes, just for one day

R.I.P. Ziggy

Check ignition and may God's love be with you

Shocking and sad. I spent Friday evening (his last birthday) listening to his music, including his latest album, released earlier the same day. A huge loss.

I've never seen the internet lit up with such common grief over anyone before. Really shows you what kind of mark he made. RIP, Starman. You'll clearly be missed.

I was on Facebook when the news first sprang up at around 12am or so (CST). It was pretty surreal. People thought it was a rumor because there was just a magazine cover with a Bowie death hoax apparently. And with the recent album release/birthday.......

People say rock and roll died a long time ago. Seems that it just started dying these past few months.

I was shocked when I read about this. He was an incredible artist, always searching for new ways to express himself through various genres of music. Long live the "Thin White Duke"!

Farewell to Ziggy Stardust. Thank you for sharing your incredible talents with the world for over 47 years. Here's hoping that you're jamming good with Weird and Gilly and the Spiders from Mars (Mick Ronson & Trevor Bolder) up there among the stars, which look very different today.

Back