Quilted Maple Top Worship!

Yeah, baby, yeah....quilted hog!! I'll hopefully have more pics soon.

20152109315_0ea22c5528_b.jpg

Quahog!

Well hell...if we're allowing exceptions...how about this quilted mahogany BACK I have currently "in the oven" with the PS team?

Yeah, baby, yeah....quilted hog!! I'll hopefully have more pics soon.

20152109315_0ea22c5528_b.jpg

Ohweeeeeeh! You´re spinning me around. First time I noticed quilted mahogany. WOOOOW!
Damn, that my quilted top was glued on a ordinary blank of mahogany - the fate of having had only the money for Core Line stuff.

Should I ask kindly to remain at the core issue, saying that this thread was just opened to worship quilted maple?!

Ga... is the correct word here!

Hmm quahog? That deserves an addition to the Lexicon (as well as splap) :p

What about "Quilty"....as in feeling quilty? (Definition: the feeling of shame one gets when admiring wood specimens in threads like this.)

Tosquilt

This was my first PRS, and first quilt top. My obsession began here, it's still in my family but I traded it with my dad for one of his PRS guitars that works a lot better for me sound-wise. I don't regret that, but god damn I loved the look of this guitar. Tiger Eye finish - so a few months ago I ordered my first private stock, a McCarty with quilt top in Tiger Eye and a flamed maple neck stained to match :)

I'm very, very excited.

PRS%20Australian%20Eagle_1.jpg

This is an ESP Horizon NT-2

IMG_6500.jpg

This is a Schecter USA Custom Shop CET with quilt top/swamp ash body upgrade in vintage sunburst. Such a beautiful top, not necessarily as "quilted" as other quilt tops, but it has some glorious movement effect in light.

DSC02884.jpg

And finally, my most recent acquisition (so recent I haven't even got it at home yet!)
A Mark Holcomb signature, a bit of an odd one though - the run was 10 top by default, but PRS offered my shop this one for a clinic Mark did as a last minute "here have a guitar to be able to sell", so it's a non-10 - but I love it, it's got such a unique looking almost birdseye maple pattern - plus it's the best sounding guitar I've ever heard for drop C metal stuff. Couldn't let it go, plus Mark was a genuinely lovely guy and amazing player. Signed on the back plate.

tumblr_nyihlyEUy51ugefhxo1_1280_1.jpg

It's always nice to have something no-one else has -- I'd keep it and cherish it, too.

Sweet Jesus those are some pretty guitars! Especially the one-piece tops by WEDGE, Tosca (that 408 is ridiculous!), django49 (that SC!), Spikedog007 (what colour is that, anyways?!), Dusty Chalk, Daniel, RDNZL, GuitarFactoryDylan, ah, too many to individually name.

PRS guitars are stunners most of the time but out of 10 that completely knock me out, 7-8 have to be quilts. I’ve always preferred them and hope they’re coming back!

… oh, and here’s mine. Your standard run-of-the-mill 10-top 25th Anniv. McCarty:

20742648dg.jpg

(it probably won’t go up in value, though… it’s coming on the road with me a fair fair amount and is starting to get dinged up a bit.)

22580044mx.jpg

Your guitar is absolute eye candy. A lot of astonishing top wood by small pickups and hardware.

Back