Quilted Maple Top Worship!

Good thread to renew. I don't think I showed my first quilt when it started.
CK_100SingleCutBodyAAA.JPG

"Oh, this old thing?"

You always got something in reserve don'tcha?

You guys are killing me with this thread. I love maple quilt. None of my PRSi have it. Most have really awesome flame/tiger striping, so it's not like my guitars are ugly. And I have a non-PRSi acoustic with a fantastic quilt on the back.

I want a Holcomb (love the idea of those pups, the fretboard radius and material, and the tuning), but was keeping it a lower priority over other GAS I have, but maybe an SE Holcomb with a nice quilty top will scratch that itch?

You guys are killing me with this thread. I love maple quilt. None of my PRSi have it. Most have really awesome flame/tiger striping, so it's not like my guitars are ugly. And I have a non-PRSi acoustic with a fantastic quilt on the back.

I want a Holcomb (love the idea of those pups, the fretboard radius and material, and the tuning), but was keeping it a lower priority over other GAS I have, but maybe an SE Holcomb with a nice quilty top will scratch that itch?

It should.

But in case that itch isn't quite scratchable yet, here's some quilty goodness for you...

Holcomb-flavored:

Body2.jpg

And not...

body1.jpg

The quilt and coloration on this one is WILD!! What color is that? Can't say I've ever seen it before, but I love it!

Kevin

Northern Lights. It's an indoor cell phone pic - couldn't find the ones Brian took. Those tilt maybe a little more blue. It's a great top - there's a bit of color shift in it when the light hits it right and you move it back and forth.

Northern Lights. It's an indoor cell phone pic - couldn't find the ones Brian took. Those tilt maybe a little more blue. It's a great top - there's a bit of color shift in it when the light hits it right and you move it back and forth.
EVERY time I feel satisfied with my collection, I realize I still don't have a Northern Lights. Which is a travesty. Goodbye. Going to look at guitar racks.....!!

Kevin

I'm your huckleberry.....!! Great thread everyone. Loving these quilts. I didn't start out as a quilt guy, but the conversion is WELL underway!
Kevin
20150823_154255.jpg
PRSWoodLib-54.jpg
20170225_131928.jpg

I groped that faded indigo burst a lot that day I was at the factory. That's an exceptional guitar! Nice shirt BTW.

I groped that faded indigo burst a lot that day I was at the factory. That's an exceptional guitar! Nice shirt BTW.
I actually remember you commenting on how amazing the indigo burst sounded even when played acoustically. I think your opinion pushed me over the top!

I DO love the shirt. I believe that is Brian! Maybe he'll sell it to me?!?!?!?

Kevin

Back