Quilted Maple Top Worship!

Or at least with a quilted maple neck with (quilted) maple fretboard.
Just be open minded :flute:

Folks,

I just bought a 15' 513 in Azul, will hopefully arrive tomorrow. My question is.......is it a quilt or flame maple top. Seems to sit somewhere between the two ?
image_5.png
[/URL][/IMG]
[/IMG][/IMG]

Regards

Last edited:
Love that 513. Absolutely gorgeous! I think quilted maple looks better because the grain often lines up well when bookmatched. Ahhh.......maybe someday.

Hmmmm.......:iamconfused: This is confusing. I thought I was replying to django49's post but my reply was added to the end. I guess it'll take some time to get the hang of this.

Last edited:
Folks,

I just bought a 15' 513 in Azul, will hopefully arrive tomorrow. My question is.......is it a quilt or flame maple top. Seems to sit somewhere between the two ?
image_5.png
[/URL][/IMG]
[/IMG][/IMG]

Regards

Hm, if you show of with MODCAT analysis or hang-tag we would get the official statement.
Flalted grain :). It looks like it has more flame than quilt.

Hm, if you show of with MODCAT analysis or hang-tag we would get the official statement.
Flalted grain :). It looks like it has more flame than quilt.

Thanks for the replies guy's. I bought it thinking it was FM and I love the top and colour. Just different to any other FM guitar I've got where the pattern in the wood is generally much tighter.

love all the QM guitars in this thread.

Yeah, baby, yeah....quilted hog!! I'll hopefully have more pics soon.

20152109315_0ea22c5528_b.jpg

Well hell...if we're allowing exceptions...how about this quilted mahogany BACK I have currently "in the oven" with the PS team?

Back