Quilted Maple Top Worship!

I'm not sure what you would call this, but it has some quilty goodness to it!
22723143466_88f6dd5ee1_b.jpg

I think this type of pattern is called a boat wake. Very appropriate color for it.

Behold. One-piece top, 57/08 Model. Custom maple pup rings, ebony truss-cover, ivory keys, RW knobs already in the mail... gonna pimp this ho
50Cq3qH.jpg

ktnbzJt.jpg
vb5W7xg.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah! When I say I like a top with a bit of character, that's exactly what I'm talkin' 'bout.

justmund, my intention opening this thread was not to annoy you in any certain way :wink:
As far as I analysed those facts about maple stock I wanted to give this endangered species a forum of remebrance.
(And being honest showing off a little bit by astonishing tops, and, indeed, gaining someone´s desire and envy.)

To me personally it was a hidden dream (no budget) achieving a PRS for years (starting in 1992). A quilted top was the MUST HAVE!
If I ever have again that amount of currency buying a new PRS (it would be atm a DGT), it should have a quilted top, too.
I hope PRS will offer quilted tops again in future.

Last edited:
It's all good dude, I'm all about the enabling! :)

I just made the decision to not buy any new guitars for 2 years, and then hopefully order a Private Stock. The thing is that won't be a quilt, and that means I still won't have a quilt (and I love quilt more than I do flame) so yeah, this thread just reminds me of that fact.

According to the fact that I edited my post I didn´t take care about the lost smilie at the end of the starting sentence.
Apparently I meant it ironic.
Did you place your order at PS Division?

How about a Custom 24 Stoptail...
Cu24%20stoptail_zpsmb3zs95i.jpeg

There's something you don' see too often. I've actually thought about ordering a CU24 with that kind of a bridge but then wound up just buying that Holcomb model, which only looks like it has a trem bridge but it isn't really a trem bridge. Observe...

PRS-MH2015_2480x1280.jpg

According to the fact that I edited my post I didn´t take care about the lost smilie at the end of the starting sentence.
Apparently I meant it ironic.
Did you place your order at PS Division?

Lost in translation hey? All good buddy

Nope, no order placed, it will probably take me 2 years to decide what I want. I think all guitars should have "3" pickups but it wouldn't be quite "right" on what I have planned. Anyway back to OT...

Back