Quilted maple coffee table

Elliot

Gandalf the Vintage Yellow
Not really PRS. I hope my post doesn't get removed. However, I think the spirit of PRS is very alive here. It would be a great addition to someone's playing space.

It keeps popping up on my google ads and I keep clicking on it to look at it, which perpetuates the cycle.

But check this thing out, how many guitar tops could have been made with these slabs?

https://www.houzz.com/photos/19654041/Quilted-Maple-Wood-Coffee-Table-Handmade-coffee-tables

edit: it says the legs are made with bent flamed maple. This table is nuts

If I owned that table it would be on its way to Stevensville to be made into something useful.

But $7.8K is pretty expensive for a couple of body blanks.

Last edited:
The finish is kind of meh... Should've done Northern Lights. Oh wait, wait, wrong topic.

About 20 years ago I was at one of those Home Furnishings Expos. I saw a dining room table with a beautiful flamed maple top, edged by some other wood (or maybe non-figured maple). If I had the cash, I would have bought it. But it was probably something like $4000, which at the time was way out of my price range for home furnishings.

I suspect that was a primary factor in why I like guitars with awesome maple figuring.

I bought a Brazilian rosewood table about that size close to 40 years ago. I've wondered a couple of times how many necks I could get out of it, but it was the first piece of quality furniture we bought and I'm kind of attached to it.

I bought a Brazilian rosewood table about that size close to 40 years ago. I've wondered a couple of times how many necks I could get out of it, but it was the first piece of quality furniture we bought and I'm kind of attached to it.

Well, if you had it made into guitar necks you could wear the table on a strap, or carry it around in a case!

Physical attachment! Sounds like a no-brainer to me! ;)

This table is by it´s stain mouthwatering. But I ain´t gonna purchase furniture like this. Furniture is for daily use and not an item of art. Okay, if you´ve got the Bucks, you might be of other opinion.
I nowadays I´m more than happy, that in 2011 PRS offered quilted tops without extra charge though it´s lesser availability.
Therefore my quilted top PRS could rest on a tabletop made of ordinary oak :D

20170901_194721-jpg.578542

Back