Quilt Maple+Aquamarine+Curly Maple Neck+408+Lindy Fralins=AWESOME

Brian Meader

Authorized PRS Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
While at the PRS Factory for Experience PRS 2013 picking woods for a customer's Private Stock The Guitar Sanctuary team stumbled upon a Quilt Maple top that we simply HAD to build a guitar out of.....

Behold Private Stock #4730:

This stunning Private Stock Custom 22 is done in their Double Stained Aquamarine finish with a natural back, features that amazing Quilt Maple Top, Mahogany Back, and jaw-dropping Curly Maple Neck and Fretboard. The headstock features a quilt maple veneer stained to match the body, and the Birds are Jade Green with White Gold Outlines, picked to match the body. Its custom electronics have a 408 Bridge pickup matched to a pair of Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, with 5-way Blade Pickup Selector switch and push-pull tone pot to coil split the bridge pickup.

Private Stock #4730
Model: Custom 22
Top Wood: Quilted Maple
Back Wood: Mahogany
Top Color: Aquamarine
Back Color: Antique Natural
Neck Color: Natural- no toner
Binding: Natural
Finish: High Gloss Nitro
Neck Wood: Curly Maple
Fingerboard Wood: Curly Maple
Scale Length: 25"
Fingerboard Inlays: Birds in Jade Green picked to match the body color with White Gold Outlines
Side Dots: Black
Radius: 10"
Fret Wire: DGT
Neck Shape: Pattern Regular
Veneer Wood: Quilted Maple
Veneer Inlays: Private Stock Eagle in Jade Green picked to match the body, with White Gold Outline
Tuning Pegs: Phase III Locking with Ivoroid Buttons
Bass Pick-Up: Lindy Fralin Blues Special Single Coil
Treble Pick-Up: 408
Middle Pick-Up: Lindy Fralin Blues Special Single Coil
Electronics: Master Volume and Tone with 5-way blade / P/P tone pot for 408 coil split
Hardware Color: Mixed
Bridge: PRS Tremolo w/ up rout
String Gauge: 10
Truss Rod Cover: Quilted Maple
Backplates: Matching Wood Backplates in Mahogany

Dang, is more of an appropriate word to say, cause man that is one #$%K%^^ bad arse guitar. You guys knocked it from the park to next dang state!!!!!!!

I think this is the picture that I took of that top when I was in the vault at the time. I was the "customer." It was one of our candidates for PS#4615(mistakenly labelled #4729), but it didn't fit the concept I was going for. If I only had more cash, I would have designed another PS on the spot.
IMG_1214.jpg

Back